Sh*t My Dad Says

iamshack

This is going to be absolutely priceless...

If you’ve been on twitter, then chances are you’ve run across Justin Halpern’s popular Twitter account s***mydadsays, a collection of crazy and hilarious quotes the 29-year-old writer father says and he publishes online for all to laugh about. Back in November, it was announced that the twitter account was being adapted into a CBS sitcom, and we called it “the end of the world?” Today we’ve learned a bit more information, and it all of a sudden makes sense:

Read more: Perfect Casting: William Shatner in s*** My Dad Says | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/02/19/perfec.../#ixzz0pvMUycjv

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 11:33 PM)
I heard my dad use the phrase "cool beans" twice in the same convo when on a conference call once..

I thought that was just a hispanic thing. :lol: Couple of my friends and their fathers say it all the time, but they are all hispanic. (hell I'm half hispanic and I don't even say it THAT much)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 10:48 PM)
I thought that was just a hispanic thing. :lol: Couple of my friends and their fathers say it all the time, but they are all hispanic. (hell I'm half hispanic and I don't even say it THAT much)

Needless to say I was embarrassed to even hear him say it once..

Also, ive never heard a Mexican guy say cool beans..

This is gonna be absolutely awful.... A show based on a twitter account, that's gonna have enough to have a whole 22 episode season....

If not the first fall show cancelled, it will be one of the first to get the ax....

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 12:33 AM)
I heard my dad use the phrase "cool beans" twice in the same convo when on a conference call once..

I use "cool beans" in conversation on a regular basis, but I'm actually saying "cool beanz" so that makes me cool right? :unsure:

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 05:37 AM)
Ok, just finished. Great book, especially with Father's Day around the corner. Nothing mind-blowing, but a truly hilarious book about a father bonding with his son.

Is there more to it than whats already online?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
Is there more to it than whats already online?

Yeah, there are short stories or anecdotes that make-up the basic structure of the book.

Don't get me wrong, it's not a literary classic.

But it's a very, very funny lighthearted book about the sometimes very awkward relationship between a son and his father (or a father and his son).