6/4 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
Charlie Shirek, he of great control, managed to walk Josh Vitters, he who does not believe in walks. He's also given up 10 hits in 5 IP.

3rd game in a row he's struggled.

We're in huge trouble as is. The only reason that Lucy should be our starter is to give Flowers some time to get back on-track, and to reward a guy whose busted his ass off for this organization for a couple years.. Also, i think it's time to start asking when is it time to send Danks back to AA.

There is absolutely no reason at all for Lucy to ever be a starting catcher in the big leagues. None. In fact.. I didn't even bother posting in that thread on pale hose about it cause I would think some posters would have the sense not to think that way. People should not let a sample size effect their judgment.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 04:23 AM)
There is absolutely no reason at all for Lucy to ever be a starting catcher in the big leagues. None. In fact.. I didn't even bother posting in that thread on pale hose about it cause I would think some posters would have the sense not to think that way. People should not let a sample size effect their judgment.

No one has ever said he's the answer there. The thought process is this: we suck, A.J. should be traded, Flowers is too bad to give the job too at the moment, and we'd all rather continue to suck with Lucy instead of Ramon Castro. I don't think anyone has been arguing that he's anything more then a guy trying to be the backup catcher on a decent roster.

FWIW... Danks is batting .303 in his last 10 games.

I think he'd be better off just staying in AAA and see how things play out over the course of an entire season.

He played pretty well in April.

No sense overreacting because of one bad month (May).

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 02:39 AM)
I was really happy to see that Danks went 2-5 but then i saw he had two k's and i stopped caring. He's very close to falling off the map completely. Also, Dayan is turning into a really, good hitter.

One bad year (it's not even a full year yet.) at a new level is no reason to totally write someone off.

that being said a high strikeout rate is a reason for concern at any level of the minors. It doesn't usually bode well for his future production.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
Terry Doyle--this year's Hudson? Maybe Birmingham, at least.

Let's not get carried away, but he is looking damn good.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 07:44 PM)
Serafin got lit up; 4.1 IP, 12 H, 6 ER, 2 BB, 1 SO

2 of his last 3 outings in fact.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
3rd game in a row he's struggled.

Sandwiching his DL trip. Something changed, not sure what.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:45 AM)
No one has ever said he's the answer there. The thought process is this: we suck, A.J. should be traded, Flowers is too bad to give the job too at the moment, and we'd all rather continue to suck with Lucy instead of Ramon Castro. I don't think anyone has been arguing that he's anything more then a guy trying to be the backup catcher on a decent roster.

Thank you. This is what I was getting at with Lucy in PHT, and hopefully no one thinks this is about sample size. He's been my AAP for years now.