6/5 Games

flavum

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
Morel is really not adjusting well so far. It's not even been a week though, but only 1 hit. Thankfully, only 1 strikeout though too.

He jumped past AA surprisingly fast. It's ok to be patient with him. The normal schedule was supposed to be AA this year, AAA next year. Better to get the AAA struggles done early.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:38 AM)
He jumped past AA surprisingly fast. It's ok to be patient with him. The normal schedule was supposed to be AA this year, AAA next year. Better to get the AAA struggles done early.

Agreed, the expectations for him have got a little out of hand. He's a solid prospect, but he's not someone like Beckham where there's no doubt the AAA stay will be brief.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:39 AM)
Oh great. Brent Morel can't hit AAA pitching. Just wonderful.

I was reading something in BA today that scouts have never cared less about AAA hitting stats than this season. Pitching is supposedly "pathetic" in both the IL and PCL. If Morel could hit in AA, he'll be ok in AAA.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Counting tonight he has 10 k's in his last 35 at-bats. I checked.

That's great to hear. I hope he's made his adjustments and hits from here on out. It would be nice to see him getting some at-bats for this team after the purge.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 10:04 PM)
That's great to hear. I hope he's made his adjustments and hits from here on out. It would be nice to see him getting some at-bats for this team after the purge.

10 k's in 35 at bats isn't really great to me. That's still about a 170 K/600 at-bat pace.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
Glad to see Remenowsky getting back to form: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K. He had 3 or 4 bad outings in a row, which I don't think he's ever had.

He also allowed 3 stolen bases.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)

Agreed. I find it very helpful he only has 1 SO in 3 games (15 ABs), so he is not getting over-matched up there at all. He just hasn't found the hits yet.

Santos Rodriguez, after his brutal start, has settled in quite nicely for W-S especially his last few outings. (only 1 BB the last 6 games)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
I'd have guessed he would have trouble holding runners on. He's got a big, odd motion, which helps deceive hitters, but I'm sure his delivery time to the plate is slow.

Have you seen him pitch?? Deceptive deliveries usually play in the bigs a la Dontrelle Willis early on

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 07:02 AM)
Have you seen him pitch?? Deceptive deliveries usually play in the bigs a la Dontrelle Willis early on

Video, not in person. Big high leg kick, and something I'm not sure I can describe with the upper body, makes the ball look a lot faster out of his hand than it really is.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:02 AM)

I've always gotten the feeling those work better from LHP than RHP unless the RHP is a true sidearmer.