Why do you guys think about this as...

Bighurt52235

I wonder what the financial situation on Appier is. I'd like to take a chance on him as a fifth starter.

It's a wonder that the Angels flat out released him. I would think that they could get SOMETHING for him at this time when teams are hunting another starter. I guess yesterday when he gave up five straight 2-strike hits they'd had enough.

Appier makes a ton of money. To sign him the Sox will have to let him pass through waivers and then sign him at the minimum.

He is signed this year and next year at like 8 mill per season so no way do the Sox want to touch that. No one will pick him up and then a team can get him at the minimum (If I understand things correctly).

I am not a big Appier fan, but as a fifth starter it isn't a horrible option. Add Appier as the 5th and acquire a good right handed reliever (Danny Graves, Lightenberg, etc).

I'd like to get Appier, if it meant that there were no other options for a starter, and we made a trade for a reliever. As for Graves, getting him would be nice, but he is making a ton of money this year, and I don't think we can add that much money to our payroll.

Let me say this about Appier.

When I go to Angels games, I ensure to make sure that Appier isn't pitching. 

He is absolutely horrible, but at the minimum salary he's worth the risk.

I wouldn't go to the games because he is so god damn slow to throw the ball. There should be a time limit on him his games take 5 freakin hours.

Let me say this about Appier.

When I go to Angels games, I ensure to make sure that Appier isn't pitching. 

He is absolutely horrible, but at the minimum salary he's worth the risk.

I wouldn't go to the games because he is so god damn slow to throw the ball. There should be a time limit on him his games take 5 freakin hours.

Thats exactly why I don't go. He drives me freaking nuts.