06/06/2010, 1:05 CST, CSN, Mark Buehrle v. Jake Westbrook

iamshack

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)
Good grief. What has happened to BurlyMon???

It's a case of a finesse pitcher that has no confidence in his stuff/command. Should have seen this coming when he was talking in the offseason about how he knows he's lost a lot of stuff.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
Wow, this is one of Buehrle's worst starts I can ever recall. Absolutely pathetic, heartless effort by him. How are more people not booing at the Cell?

I'll agree with everything in the statement except the heartless part. I just think he's lost his velocity and that is more deadly for buehrle than just about anyone.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)
It's a case of a finesse pitcher that has no confidence in his stuff/command. Should have seen this coming when he was talking in the offseason about how he knows he's lost a lot of stuff.

I don't even think the Cardinals would want him anymore. He's barely even our #4 starter at this point.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
Well, I'm definitely not going to any games this year. I've decided that. This team doesn't deserve another f***ing cent from me.

I'm sure they're devastated.

Has there ever been a game played with no one in attendance? We should try to set that up somehow. We need someone with a big bankroll to pay all the fans their money for the tickets, and tell them not to come. I think that would immediately demand a firing.

The fall of Mark Buehrle is one of the sadder aspects of this year.

OK, honest question here. If he had worked out rigorously every off season lifting weights to increase his arm strength would that have helped keep his velocity in the high 80´s?