06/06/2010, 1:05 CST, CSN, Mark Buehrle v. Jake Westbrook

iamshack

I think that this can go back to how unprepared this team is in spring training. Guys getting shelled becasue they are working on one pitch and hitters not playing on a regular basis. This team has not been ready to go in the last 4 years. They are the baseball version of Camp Lovie...no desire to do anything other than get out there.

Remember a couple of years back when Uribe broke up a double play and you would think the Sox won the pennant. The lifelessness of this team is amazing.

Guillen is a shell of his former self......oh and when he is gone we get Joey Cora.......rejoice

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
Yes, without a doubt. There's really not much to be excited about regarding the future of this team over the next 2-3 years.

Completely agree. I mean, coming into the season we had Beckham to look forward to. But it's June 6th, and he's still clueless at the plate. And we all know how much our farm system sucks. We have no legit talent down there who can come up and provide for this team.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
Hawk will never rip Ozzie, but even he can't believe the power hitters don't get a 3-0 green light.

GMAFB.

How thrilled were we last night when AJ grounded out softly with 3-0?

How many 3-0 groundouts do we need?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Really? You think part of the problem with these guys is not being sufficiently aggressive?

This is exactly right. We refuse to work counts and are far too agressive. The approach at the plate needs to change.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
Completely agree. I mean, coming into the season we had Beckham to look forward to. But it's June 6th, and he's still clueless at the plate. And we all know how much our farm system sucks. We have no legit talent down there who can come up and provide for this team.

And two of the 5 potential difference-making prospects suffered horrible injuries this season costing them an entire year of development.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:19 PM)
GMAFB.

It's not the likes of AJP that should be getting the 3-0 green light. More like Konerko/Quentin/Rios/Jones. Instead, we get Nix, AJP, and Kotsay getting the green light.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)
GMAFB.

How many meat 88 MPH fastballs have we seen guys take right down the middle than hit a little grounder 3-1 on a slider? The current philosophy isn't working, if you haven't noticed? Also AJ isnt exactly a power hitter.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
I'm still all for the idea of the fans running the team. With the technology these days, it wouldn't be hard to make some kind of democratic vote for lineups, pitching changes, pinch runners/hitters, all that. And I am 100% sure we'd do a better job running the team than Oz. I say that in all seriousness.

That is absolutely the dumbest idea I have ever heard. Do you realize how stupid the general public is as a whole?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
Who cares about the WNBA?

I can't even find a creative response to this. You're comparing Lakers/Celtics to the WNBA?

I can understand why you'd prefer the Hockey game, but don't begrudge those of us who'd like to watch the basketball game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)
I've actually been amazingly surprised at how well we've handled this terrible season on this board.

Why, because people haven't jumped off a bridge yet?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:19 PM)
GMAFB.

It wasn't 3-0

I actually think the potential is there. This team just looks unprepared or does not care to give any effort.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
That is absolutely the dumbest idea I have ever heard. Do you realize how stupid the general public is as a whole?

I second this notion.

Tito, what on earth is wrong with you?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
Why, because people haven't jumped off a bridge yet?

The conversation has remained more about substance for the most part than people saying how they'll never watch a game again, etc.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
It's not the likes of AJP that should be getting the 3-0 green light. More like Konerko/Quentin/Rios/Jones. Instead, we get Nix, AJP, and Kotsay getting the green light.

I don't give a damn who the player is. You take on 3-0 EVERY SINGLE TIME.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
I can't even find a creative response to this. You're comparing Lakers/Celtics to the WNBA?

I can understand why you'd prefer the Hockey game, but don't begrudge those of us who'd like to watch the basketball game.

I've enjoyed the NBA playoffs this year. If the Hawks weren't in the Stanley Cup, I wouldn't watch a second of hockey.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
How many meat 88 MPH fastballs have we seen guys take right down the middle than hit a little grounder 3-1 on a slider? The current philosophy isn't working, if you haven't noticed? Also AJ isnt exactly a power hitter.

You and Fathom are just parroting the exact conversation Stone and Hawk had last night.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
The conversation has remained more about substance for the most part than people saying how they'll never watch a game again, etc.

The conversations have been b****ing and crying and moaning like pregnant women, as I have stated repeatedly.