06/06/2010, 1:05 CST, CSN, Mark Buehrle v. Jake Westbrook

iamshack

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Pena has been a 1 inning pitcher. He's been given a different role. He got through 2 fine, now struggling. This is not his fault if it all goes bad this inning.

Agreed, with a day off tomorrow, this is puzzling.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
So are people beginning to think it might not be so bad to maybe deal Buehrle? He has been awful since his perfect game....

You would have to try to find someone who would be willing to pay him $15 million per. Good luck with that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
You would have to try to find someone who would be willing to pay him $15 million per. Good luck with that.

Pay a portion of that, and you can get some good prospects from a team like the Giants.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Pena has been a 1 inning pitcher. He's been given a different role. He got through 2 fine, now struggling. This is not his fault if it all goes bad this inning.

Exactly which is why he should be pulled.

AJ needs to at least throw that ball and he may have gotten an interference call.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:01 PM)

Well that an with him being at his lowest value I suppose it wouldn't make sense to try to deal him...but they can't keep putting him out there if he can't get out of 3 to 5 innings...

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:03 PM)
Well that an with him being at his lowest value I suppose it wouldn't make sense to try to deal him...but they can't keep putting him out there if he can't get out of 3 to 5 innings...

I'm a big Buehrle fan, but something is not right, and its been too extended of a period to ignore. If someone wanted his contract, I'd take a bag of balls for him.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
Some real gems this afternoon, Fathom

It's funny though, as I've always thought that Konerko is the only player in the majors that could pull a hamstring and still play (just be a DH). The other slow pokes, like B. Molina, couldn't get away with a leg injury trying to catch.