06/06/2010, 1:05 CST, CSN, Mark Buehrle v. Jake Westbrook

iamshack

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
I know right. Brian Anderson haunts us today in the form of Mark Kotsay. Except BA can actually play outfield defense...

lmao

there cant possibly still be people here who think Brian Anderson was ever good..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
lmao

there cant possibly still be people here who think Brian Anderson was ever good..

I think he was quite good...

in the minor leagues.

I think he could have been a lot better with us...if he ever had a good teacher, and he didn't have a brick for a head.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:50 PM)
Sometimes, actually very often, Ozzie does this to show KW, JR, the fans, everyone that "hey look at the donkeys you gave me on the roster". Its like he saying to KW you signed Kotsay and Randy Williams well here they are are for us, unable to do anything productive, especially in crunch time to close games. Its like Ozzie's version of shrugging his shoulders.

Oh stop...that's a stupid argument. He got his roster he wants, but he decided to let Kotsay face a LHP. He had a bench full of righties, but he trusted his veteran. After last season, Ozzie specifically told KW he wanted Kotsay to be brought back.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
Don't look now, but we just rallied from down 4 runs... and have scored 8.

And with Kotsay hitting 5th with his .190 Avg and 5 men LOB already. WOW!!!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
Oh stop...that's a stupid argument. He got his roster he wants, but he decided to let Kotsay face a LHP. He had a bench full of righties, but he trusted his veteran. After last season, Ozzie specifically told KW he wanted Kotsay to be brought back.

Kotsay is the first guy he wanted back, as a matter of fact...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
By CF you mean "relief pitcher"?

Absolutely not...it's unbelieveable to imagine anytime could screw up the future of BA more than this organization did, but KC found a way to do so. Imagine BA and AR together in the outfield.....it would have been spectacular.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)

Yeah so him, KW, the fans, and the media can blame all of the Sox offensive struggles on Kotsay. It was a genius plan.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
Absolutely not...it's unbelieveable to imagine anytime could screw up the future of BA more than this organization did, but KC found a way to do so. Imagine BA and AR together in the outfield.....it would have been spectacular.

Missed cut-offs galore!

QUOTE (joeynach @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
Yeah so him, KW, the fans, and the media can blame all of the Sox offensive struggles on Kotsay. It was a genius plan.

That wasn't the argument you were trying to make. I hear people call up sports radio all the time with these stupid theories. It's a pretty convenient defense mechanism instead of placing blame on the GM or Manager.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
That wasn't the argument you were trying to make. I hear people call up sports radio all the time with these stupid theories. It's a pretty convenient defense mechanism instead of placing blame on the GM or Manager.

I was joking when i said its all part of the master plan stuff.