06/06/2010, 1:05 CST, CSN, Mark Buehrle v. Jake Westbrook

iamshack

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 07:34 PM)
I'd rather have him take the walk. Even in a good year, the odds of him hitting a HR on 1 swing are only a couple percent.

But what's the chances of 3 consecutive two-out singles?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
I'd rather have him take the walk. Even in a good year, the odds of him hitting a HR on 1 swing are only a couple percent.

He still may take the walk. When guys hit 3-0, they are sitting on a pitch in a certain location. Its not like a green light means automatic swing. What are the odds of the Sox getting 4 guys on consecutively?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
But with Konerko at 1st, would he even score on a double?

Depends on who's throwing and where the double is hit. He'd be off with the pitch. Worst case scenario then you have 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs.

Either way, unless it's a 1 run game, swinging on 3-0 and trying to hit a HR isn't a good formula for most guys. I could see it working for Jones, who swings for the fences anyway.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:27 PM)
If you went to my original post, it was about Hawk being upset Ozzie doesn't give a 3-0 green light.

No, I saw it...but you guys kept going with the exact script...I was just letting you know I saw the movie too...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
He still may take the walk. When guys hit 3-0, they are sitting on a pitch in a certain location. Its not like a green light means automatic swing. What are the odds of the Sox getting 4 guys on consecutively?

Exactly. It's not like he HAS to swing. It's just that he should be READY to crush a get-me-over pitch right down the heart of the plate.. I trust Konerko enough to know when to swing and when to take.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
10-12 more years...

haha, we should play a game of who will be on the Sox bench over the next few years. I'd say Eckstein is a definite, and no way we don't acquire T. Hunter in a few seasons. Who else am I missing? Miguel Cabrera in 15 years maybe?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
haha, we should play a game of who will be on the Sox bench over the next few years. I'd say Eckstein is a definite, and no way we don't acquire T. Hunter in a few seasons. Who else am I missing? Miguel Cabrera in 15 years maybe?

Heck Cabrera might not even be alive in 10 to 15 years with the way he takes care of himself.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
10-12 more years...

Its a lock isn't it? Belle, Thome, Colon, both Alomars, Vizquel, all there good players eventually become White Sox. Grady Sizemore will be in CF at USCF after knee replacement surgery.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
Alexei now pushing .260 after his horrible start.

And as our offense starts turning it around, our pitching staff falls harder. Story of the Sox. The only time we've ever had both phases of the game clicking at the same time was '05.. and that was just magical.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 01:41 PM)
Alexei now pushing .260 after his horrible start.

I hope he can figure out whatever makes him start slow, because Alexei is pretty much worthless to us if he has a .650 OPS into June every year.