White Sox select Chris Sale with #13 pick in MLB draft

southsider2k5

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:30 AM)
In all seriousness, anyone worried about his arm-angle or the fact that Brent Lillibridge could clearly kick his a$$?

I don't get the Lilli thing at all.

Still very amped over this pick.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)
In all seriousness, anyone worried about his arm-angle or the fact that Brent Lillibridge could clearly kick his a$$?

I don't care if Lillibridge could kick his ass. Put him in the box against Sale, and he'd start him out with a change, follow it up with a sinking fastball, and then ace him with a breaking ball. This kid can pitch.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:38 AM)
I don't care if Lillibridge could kick his ass. Put him in the box against Sale, and he'd start him out with a change, follow it up with a sinking fastball, and then ace him with a breaking ball. This kid can pitch.

He certainly can ... was just joking about his size. I am worried about the arm angle, but they will fix that up... Great pick hopefully

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)

I'm a little worried by the mechanics. He does repeat his delivery very well though which is key.

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)

He lost ~10 lb earlier this year in a bout of food poisoning.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
Mitchell has an outstanding sense of humor, and Beckham seems like a kid that recognizes how talented he is and takes it in stride. Sale seems like a kid who could throw a no-hitter, and shrug it off as not a big deal.

He's going to have to make it a perfect game to impress anyone with the way things have been going recently in baseball.

Not sure what people saw about Law not liking him. FWIW, Law picked him as the #2 most MLB ready player in the draft behind Alex Wimmers.

2. Chris Sale, LHP, Florida Gulf Coast:

I think he could pitch in the majors inside of a year as a reliever, maybe even this fall, but that's a fantasy, as he's going to be drafted so high that he'll be used as a starter.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/draft2010/i...%3fid%3d5225067

Edited by Vance Law

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 06:33 PM)
Sale looks like Poreda and throws like Clayton Richard...it's pretty amazing to me.

It's kind of cool isn't it? If you close your eyes and imagine him learning the cutter and the Buehrle-tempo, he looks like a perfect fit for this organization. I think that in a couple of years we'll be praising a higher power that he fell into our hands.