Sox/Cubs Weekend

shago

CSN Chicago is trying but i refuse to get that hyped up over a series of meaningless games, played for a meaningelss trophy, between what are (at this point) meaningless teams. That being said, i hope we kick some Cubs ass.

Edited by Thunderbolt

BP probably picked the worst possible season to start this Crosstown Cup, considering all the factors:

1. Both baseball teams SUCK

2. Many fans are awash in Hawks fever, which has kept them from baseball. Especially, if the series extends to game 7 Friday night.

3. World Cup season, USA vs. England is Saturday around the same time.

4. The whole issue they are having LA, people are upset and boycotting them about as it is

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
It's our 2010 playoffs and they can't have it....

I'll probably watch the games, but unless the Sox suddenly do something shocking like a winning streak, this season is in the gutter. In other words, hard to care about a crappy team.

I'm wondering if they'll even keep BP as a sponsor. The whole thing feels kind of dirty. The only thing that would make it worse is if all three games are played in the type of weather that we are having today.

Good Lord I hope 2011 is different. I spent all of last winter counting down days until spring training... for this?

Blah.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 12:58 PM)
Even tho it doesn't mean anything, I will be watching and Sox need to win, I still will be pissed if we loose the series to the Cubs.

I completely agree. Feeling good hopefully after a Hawks cup, when the grill/beers start flowing at Murphy's I'll be psyched up for the weekend

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 12:34 PM)
I'm wondering if they'll even keep BP as a sponsor. The whole thing feels kind of dirty. The only thing that would make it worse is if all three games are played in the type of weather that we are having today.

Good Lord I hope 2011 is different. I spent all of last winter counting down days until spring training... for this?

Blah.

I heard on the radio that BP will be downplaying their sponsorship just because they are trying to keep a low profile right now.