06/08/2010 - 7:10 CST, CSN - Floyd vs. Galarraga

iamshack

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
I was watching the original Bad News Bears with my kids and it ended with the Raburn debacle how appropriate.

I think Thorton is going through a slight dead arm or something.

Or a slight injury. :crying

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
If you'e going to be bad, be REALLY bad. Being really bad is why the Nationals are the envy of baseball right now.

omg you dont understand how annoying it was having to listen to the nationals announcers basically already throwing strasburg into the hall of fame today.....his stuff was pretty nasty today i just hope they have plenty of beer on tap when i go to D.C. to see him pitch against the sox

Edited by beckham15

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:24 AM)
omg you dont understand how annoying it was having to listen to the nationals announcers basically already throwing strasburg into the hall of fame today.....his stuff was pretty nasty today i just hope they have plenty of beer on tap when i go to D.C. to see him pitch against the sox

If he doesn't get seriously injured, he will make the HOF. Most talented pitcher of our generation.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:25 AM)
What is the statute of limitations for the statement "Relax....this is a good team......it's a long season"?

No one says that anymore besides for Hawk and sin city sox fan.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
Oh shut up, it's important to win so that the 5,000k in attendance in August are happy! They could lose every game the rest of the way, and it would be the best thing that could happen.

I realize you're joking. But ain't nothing more annoying to me than a .500 (or a few games above or under) season. I remember in 2002 we were 12-15 games below .500 all year before a dumbass hot final month (led by Joe Crede) saw us finish the season at 81-81. I remember Hawk saying something like "You know, with the way the team has played this final month, this season to me has been saved." I wanted to jump through the TV and decapitate his ass when he said that stupid ass s***.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
If he doesn't get seriously injured, he will make the HOF. Most talented pitcher of our generation.

There are plenty of really talented pitchers who bust for reasons other than injury too. I doubt it'll happen with him, but there's a chance.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:26 AM)
I realize you're joking. But ain't nothing more annoying to me than a .500 (or a few games above or under) season. I remember in 2002 we were 12-15 games below .500 all year before a dumbass hot final month (led by Joe Crede) saw us finish the season at 81-81. I remember Hawk saying something like "You know, with the way the team has played this final month, this season to me has been saved." I wanted to jump through the TV and decapitate his ass when he said that stupid ass s***.

Agreed, and you know I would have been on here

telling certain posters

that those wins

were worthless

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
There was very little chance of winning this game. Ever since Thornton had his elbow issue, he's been a lot more hittable.

Now that the front office realizes we're screwed, they should put him on the freaking DL to save him for the future.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:26 AM)
There are plenty of really talented pitchers who bust for reasons other than injury too. I doubt it'll happen with him, but there's a chance.

yes, but there stuff looks like Mark Buehrle's compared to him. I wasn't even a believer heading into tonight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
Agreed, and you know I was on here

telling certain posters

that those wins

were worthless

You know, even if we'd have had a higher pick by a couple, there's a good shot we'd have wound up with Gordon anyway.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)

i agree he's got nasty stuff but so did mark prior and look where he's at (im just jealous he's not a sox)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
Agreed, and you know I would have been on here

telling certain posters

that those wins

were worthless

You realize I said 2002, right? lol.

NM. Misread the post. I see what you meant.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:28 AM)
You know, even if we'd have had a higher pick by a couple, there's a good shot we'd have wound up with Gordon anyway.

And I'm fine with that, it was a good pick. It's when you end up in the 15-20 range even though you were never really in contention.