06/08/2010 - 7:10 CST, CSN - Floyd vs. Galarraga

iamshack

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:28 AM)
i agree he's got nasty stuff but so did mark prior and look where he's at (im just jealous he's not a sox)

Prior's fastball average was like 94 mph and he never really perfected his change-up. Strasburg is like a combo of Wood's stuff with Prior's command.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
Prior's fastball average was like 94 mph and he never really perfected his change-up. Strasburg is like a combo of Wood's stuff with Prior's command.

Has anyone ever played MVP Baseball 2005 As Zach Greinke on the easiest difficulty level? Strasburg was like that tonight.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:27 PM)
yes, but there stuff looks like Mark Buehrle's compared to him. I wasn't even a believer heading into tonight.

Not many pitchers have a 14/0 k/bb in their major league debut.

He fanned 7 in a row at one point.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Has anyone ever played MVP Baseball 2005 As Zach Greinke on the easiest difficulty level? Strasburg was like that tonight.

Tonight and Scherzer's 14 K game against the A's have been easily the two best pitching performances I've witnessed this season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)

Wood is actually a really good example, because he's a guy who had great stuff, and even before the injuries took over, he never put everything together for more than brief stretches.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
Tonight and Scherzer's 14 K game against the A's have been easily the two best pitching performances I've witnessed this season.

And there have been 3 no hitters/perfect games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:32 AM)
Wood is actually a really good example, because he's a guy who had great stuff, and even before the injuries took over, he never put everything together for more than brief stretches.

yes, but he never had close to the command and repeatable delivery that Strasburg has. Wood also never had anything close to a change-up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
Shades of that Indians game where Danks pitched and it went from a Sox lead to a Sox blowout in 10 minutes. What a bunch of weak motherf***ers.

Hah, we just can't put anything together.

We finally get a QS out of Gavin, and one of our few mainstays, Matty Thornton has a horrendous outing.

It's just Murphy's Law right now.

I feel badly for the Ozzeroo...

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
yes, but he never had close to the command and repeatable delivery that Strasburg has. Wood also never had anything close to a change-up.

I'll agree with you that he looks really good, I just think it's abject foolishness to start talking HOF after one start, even if you add the injury qualifier.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:34 AM)
I will say one thing, at least this team isn't teasing us. They've been horses*** from day 1. I give them props for that. I'm still not over 2003 and 2006.

People forget how good the team was in 2006 during the first half of the season. Those games vs the NL were magical.

It really is an indictment on Kenny Williams that they have nobody better to replace Teahen. We have Omar Vizquel and Mark Kotsay in our everyday lineup....in 2010!! What a bad organization this is right now. It's embarrassingly bad.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
Hah, we just can't put anything together.

We finally get a QS out of Gavin, and one of our few mainstays, Matty Thornton has a horrendous outing.

It's just Murphy's Law right now.

I feel badly for the Ozzeroo...

I'm about done feeling bad for Ozzie ever again. This Ozney-fiasco might be the last straw.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:35 AM)
It really is an indictment on Kenny Williams that they have nobody better to replace Teahen. We have Omar Vizquel and Mark Kotsay in our everyday lineup....in 2010!! What a bad organization this is right now. It's embarrassingly bad.

We were talking about it earlier. You can't keep making bad trades and expect to have a competent roster. The Swisher debacles really hurt the talent in both the majors and minors, and then the Peavy trade killed our pitching depth. KW should thanks his stars Rios has rebounded this season.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)

Omar Vizquel and Mark Kotsay continue to not be the problem.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
People forget how good the team was in 2006 during the first half of the season. Those games vs the NL were magical.

I was having more fun in 2006 than 2005. When Gooch hit that slam off Lidge to tie the game at 9 when we had been down 9-1 I think I screamed louder than when Konerko hit the slam off Qualls.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
I will say one thing, at least this team isn't teasing us. They've been horses*** from day 1. I give them props for that. I'm still not over 2003 and 2006.

More like day 2.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
Strasburg has Verlander's heat and Wood's curve.

And Verlander had a year or so where he really struggled after the league started to adapt to his stuff and he tried to work on his mechanics some.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 02:37 AM)
We were talking about it earlier. You can't keep making bad trades and expect to have a competent roster. The Swisher debacles really hurt the talent in both the majors and minors, and then the Peavy trade killed our pitching depth. KW should thanks his stars Rios has rebounded this season.

Kenny Williams has destroyed this team for years to come.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 03:38 AM)
I was having more fun in 2006 than 2005. When Gooch hit that slam off Lidge to tie the game at 9 when we had been down 9-1 I think I screamed louder than when Konerko hit the slam off Qualls.

that was an amazing game...the Sox felt invincible. A similar game that week which was awesome was the 1-0 game vs the Cardinals.