Does AJ get traded this weekend?

southsider2k5

AJ trade poll  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Does AJ get traded this weekend, or does he get his 10/5 rights?

• He Gawn!
    • WhiteSox4life!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 12:02 AM)
I imagine, given the timetable, that this is going to move very fast. Luckily, the Rangers have a fantastic system, so a fair transaction is doable.

I wonder how hesitant KW will be to include $ in any deal if he also has to cut payroll though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 08:31 AM)
I wonder how hesitant KW will be to include $ in any deal if he also has to cut payroll though.

It depends how much. I imagine Kenny could get Jerry to bite on something like 1.5 million dollers if it meant legitimate return from a deep Rangers system.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 08:34 AM)
It depends how much. I imagine Kenny could get Jerry to bite on something like 1.5 million dollers if it meant legitimate return from a deep Rangers system.

I dunno though...last year he picked up part of Thome and Contreras's dollars, but he didn't do so until he threw in the towel completely, and he still didn't get much back in return.

KW might price himself out of this deal if he has to send in cash. And I'm not sure I'd be mad at him for doing so.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)
So it would be better to keep A.J., waste money on him when we're not going anywhere this year, and end up just getting another draft pick for him when he signs with another team next year?

THis is about the 4th time this has been repeated this week.

We will NOT be getting a draft pick if AJ Pierzynski signs with another team.

Why? Because he is earning $6.75 million this year. If you offer him salary arbitration, then his salary is likely to stay at that level or go even higher next year. No team is silly enough to pay him that much for an additional year at his current age.

Therefore, no team in MLB would offer AJ Pierzynski salary arbitration, unless he hits .350 with 25 HR the rest of the year.

No team will get any draft picks if AJ Pierzynski signs anywhere else.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 07:49 AM)
THis is about the 4th time this has been repeated this week.

We will NOT be getting a draft pick if AJ Pierzynski signs with another team.

Why? Because he is earning $6.75 million this year. If you offer him salary arbitration, then his salary is likely to stay at that level or go even higher next year. No team is silly enough to pay him that much for an additional year at his current age.

Therefore, no team in MLB would offer AJ Pierzynski salary arbitration, unless he hits .350 with 25 HR the rest of the year.

No team will get any draft picks if AJ Pierzynski signs anywhere else.

Okay got it. Thanks for clearing that up.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
Flowers might be getting in a rut in the minors. He's had success in AA/AAA in the past, perhaps he needs the promotion to get him out of the rut. Baseball has a big mental part to it too. Perhaps he's becoming discouraged.

That doesn't appear to the case here. IN the offseason, Flowers worked with someone (not in the Sox org) to tweak his approach at the plate, and it backfired. They are now working to get him back where he was.

Kenny was stuck in the awkward position of wanting to make the team HE thought would compete while Ozzie, with his bestie Jerry's backing, wanted to make the team HE thought would compete.

Well Ozzie was dead wrong, but he got what he wanted because KW had no other choice. I blame this season on Ozzie not KW.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 10:17 AM)
Kenny was stuck in the awkward position of wanting to make the team HE thought would compete while Ozzie, with his bestie Jerry's backing, wanted to make the team HE thought would compete.

Well Ozzie was dead wrong, but he got what he wanted because KW had no other choice. I blame this season on Ozzie not KW.

Which guy out of:

Jake Peavy

Mark Buehrle

Gavin Floyd

Bobby Jenks

AJ Pierzynski

Carlos Quentin

or Gordon Beckham

Did Ozzie want to get rid of?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 09:32 AM)
Which guy out of:

Jake Peavy

Mark Buehrle

Gavin Floyd

Bobby Jenks

AJ Pierzynski

Carlos Quentin

or Gordon Beckham

Did Ozzie want to get rid of?

really? so you're suggesting KW should have had the foresight to dump Gordon, CQ, AJ, Floyd, Buehrle and Peavy KNOWING that they were going to have terrible starts to the season? That's asinine. Jenks I'll give you cuz we all saw it coming.

Ozzie, on the otherhand, basically forced KW to get Pierre, Vizquel and Kotsay so he could play his rotating DH game.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
really? so you're suggesting KW should have had the foresight to dump Gordon, CQ, AJ, Floyd, Buehrle and Peavy KNOWING that they were going to have terrible starts to the season? That's asinine. Jenks I'll give you cuz we all saw it coming.

Ozzie, on the otherhand, basically forced KW to get Pierre, Vizquel and Kotsay so he could play his rotating DH game.

I think he is pretty clearly saying that ozzie isn't nearly as "responsible" for this mess as it is being made out to be.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 10:46 AM)
I think he is pretty clearly saying that ozzie isn't nearly as "responsible" for this mess as it is being made out to be.

If that list of players had played to their ability, we'd be right there with the Twins.

Our offense has actually been better than last year's. Our offense is right there with the Tigers's offense as it is and only a little bit behind the Twins.

If Quentin and Beckham were playing to their abilities...we'd be in the top 5 in the AL in offense.

Those 2 being terrible has pushed us into the bottom half, but we're still better than last year's.

The reason we're at the bottom of the Central is that we're hanging with the Orioles for the worst pitching staff in MLB.

That is not Mark Kotsay's fault, that is not Omar Vizquel's fault, that is not Andruw Jones's fault.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 09:49 AM)
If that list of players had played to their ability, we'd be right there with the Twins.

Our offense has actually been better than last year's. Our offense is right there with the Tigers's offense as it is and only a little bit behind the Twins.

If Quentin and Beckham were playing to their abilities...we'd be in the top 5 in the AL in offense.

Those 2 being terrible has pushed us into the bottom half, but we're still better than last year's.

The reason we're at the bottom of the Central is that we're hanging with the Orioles for the worst pitching staff in MLB.

That is not Mark Kotsay's fault, that is not Omar Vizquel's fault, that is not Andruw Jones's fault.

and I don't think it's KW's either.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
and I don't think it's KW's either.

Then if you want to blame Ozzie, you have to blame Ozzie for not getting rid of someone on that list, or you have to blame Ozzie for those players not performing.

Blaming Ozzie for the construction of the roster ignores what the people on the roster are actually doing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 10:49 AM)
Our offense is right there with the Tigers's offense as it is and only a little bit behind the Twins.

Our offense is 33 points behind the Twins. Every projection system that had us on par with the Twins required our below-average offense to be mitigated by ace-level pitching. Even factoring that in the Sox would still be only just equivalent to, or just behind the Twins. Coming into the season we set ourselves up for failure, oddly we failed in a different way than anyone expected.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 11:08 AM)
Our offense is 33 points behind the Twins. Every projection system that had us on par with the Twins required our below-average offense to be mitigated by ace-level pitching. Even factoring that in the Sox would still be only just equivalent to, or just behind the Twins. Coming into the season we set ourselves up for failure, oddly we failed in a different way than anyone expected.

33 runs is really not that much, and I'm kinda wondering about that number because it was listed as a lot closer than yesterday. The Twins picked up like 25 runs last night.

Either way, this offense would actually be above average if Quentin, Beckham, and Pierzysnki hit like we expected. The Twins offense is actually underperforming, compared to last year. Their pitching has been the difference.