Does AJ get traded this weekend?

southsider2k5

AJ trade poll  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Does AJ get traded this weekend, or does he get his 10/5 rights?

• He Gawn!
    • WhiteSox4life!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:10 AM)
If guys like Flowers, Hudson, and Viciedo tank as prospects, there's really not much hope for this team over the next 5-7 years. We have to find some cheap, productive players somehwere.

Absolutely. The lack of young hitting talent has been killing this organization for the past year and a half. Quentin and Alexei have both taken steps backwards, and Beckham is experiencing the mother of all sophomore slumps (though I'm still optimistic about him in the long-term).

And this is why it's critical that we get decent prospects back if/when we deal PK, MB, Thornton, and Putz.

Edited by WCSox

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)
Ok? So we should just assume Flowers is a bad player and not give him some playing time in a throw away year to see what we have in him.. sounds good.

That's not what I said. Try reading a bit closer.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
Dude, Flowers had a really bad may.. look at his April and June numbers

Its not like he has fallen off the face of the earth..

There was also a specific Issue of Flowers in May trying to do more to overhaul his swing to cut down on the strikeouts. It left him uncomfortable. In June he's gone back to what he's been doing and it's suddenly working again.

Ok? So we should just assume Flowers is a bad player and not give him some playing time in a throw away year to see what we have in him.. sounds good.

Great post.

If he's 24 ... my god how long do you have to wait for him in the big leagues? You want him to be a 26 year old rookie?

Baseball coddles these guys too much. Let him sink or swim.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 05:47 PM)
There was also a specific Issue of Flowers in May trying to do more to overhaul his swing to cut down on the strikeouts. It left him uncomfortable. In June he's gone back to what he's been doing and it's suddenly working again.

Have we confirmed that he's actually changed his swing back to what it was?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
Have we confirmed that he's actually changed his swing back to what it was?

We've confirmed that he said he was going to right before he started hitting again. I don't think anyone has reported directly from the Charlotte ballpark.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 12:44 PM)
That's not what I said. Try reading a bit closer.

Oh ive read it fine

Basically you just wanna keep Flowers in AAA in a year where if AJ is traded, obviously they are throwing in the towel.. Its not like we will be contending and call him up for a September stint with the club..

Hes 24 years old, and has put up solid numbers in the minors.. if this season is over for us, its time to call him up and let him be the catcher for the rest of the year and see what he can do..

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 11:46 AM)
Oh ive read it fine

No, you haven't. Let's try again...

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
I agree that Flowers should be brought up at some point this year, but there's no need to rush a 24-year-old who has been struggling at AAA this year. Let the kid develop.

And here was your response...

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:06 AM)

I don't appreciate you cherry-picking sentences from my posts and using them to intentionally mischaracterize my points via rhetorical straw man.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
No, you haven't. Let's try again...

And here was your response...

I don't appreciate you cherry-picking sentences from my posts and using them to intentionally mischaracterize my points via rhetorical straw man.

My original response was for you comparing him to Joe Borchard.. and honestly, I dont care one bit what you dont appreciate, so suck on that ;)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
Exposing him to RHP may end up ultimately lowering his value. Castro was acquired for Lance Broadway for a reason. That's about all you'd be able to expect in return.

There's nothing wrong with that kind of return.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
Levine reporting that the Rangers have serious interest in AJ, but can't take on any salary. Sounds like Fathom may be right, haha.

Well, if we've got to eat his salary, then Jon Daniels is going to have to fork over a darn good prospect. I'm sure there are plenty to choose from.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
Well, if we've got to eat his salary, then Jon Daniels is going to have to fork over a darn good prospect. I'm sure there are plenty to choose from.

Well that would be nice with some of the guys in their system. We'll see if it happens.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
Well that would be nice with some of the guys in their system. We'll see if it happens.

I'm looking at their top 10 prospects right now...looks like they have a lot of nice LHP.

I would think if we paid the $4 million remainnig on AJ's contract when he's traded that we would be entitled to a pretty decent prospect or 2.

Fangraphs

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
Levine reporting that the Rangers have serious interest in AJ, but can't take on any salary. Sounds like Fathom may be right, haha.

I imagine, given the timetable, that this is going to move very fast. Luckily, the Rangers have a fantastic system, so a fair transaction is doable.

You quit on this team before this team quit on you. You quit on this team back in December before these guys ever took the field. Then you sat around with your thumb up your ass watching this team play like garbage. If you just now decide to become active and start trading guys then I hope you get canned because you're a piece of crap. AJ is the only C we've had worth a damn since Fisk and if you move him now then I hope you and Tyler Flowers both rot.

Yours truly,

KHP