AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

justBLAZE

So this streak guarantees Omar a spot in the lineup for about 2 months, am I right? I hope he keeps it up because even when we are terrible I can't help but continue to watch the games and it is nice to get a series win over a division rival. Now SWEEP THE CUBS! :gosox3:

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
So this streak guarantees Omar a spot in the lineup for about 2 months, am I right? I hope he keeps it up because even when we are terrible I can't help but continue to watch the games and it is nice to get a series win over a division rival. Now SWEEP THE CUBS! :gosox3:

Well, he won't be in the lineup this weekend, he is going to take care of personal matter in Venezuela.

Edited by justBLAZE

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
He homered in 1st and later scored Gordon on a squeeze.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...whoa.......whoa

Whoa.............whoa

Whoa

Brent Lillibridge and Omar Vizquel homered in back-to-back games?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
That's what's keeping him from entering that upper echelon of LH SPs (i.e. Jon Lester). He's in that second-tier right now.

John Lester has averaged 6.6 IP/start this year. John Danks has averaged 6.4 IP/start. John Lester has averaged 108 pitches per start. John Danks has averaged 108 pitches per start.

John Lester has averaged less than 1 out per start more than D1: the pitching Danks this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
John Lester has averaged 6.6 IP/start this year. John Danks has averaged 6.4 IP/start. John Lester has averaged 108 pitches per start. John Danks has averaged 108 pitches per start.

John Lester has averaged less than 1 out per start more than D1: the pitching Danks this year.

First of all it's 'Jon'. Secondly, after a rough start in which his ERA was 6.23 and failed to top 5.1 IP in any of his starts through April 23, he's gone on to pitch at least 7 innings in 6 of his last 8 starts (including 5 in a row at one point). And the pitch count comparison doesn't hold much water considering Lester is one of the elite strikeout pitchers in the AL, therefore he's going to run up some pretty high pitch counts.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Beckham with a double 2 games in a row. Nice to see.

I also noticed that everyone in the lineup is hitting over .200. I don't think that's happened in a while!

I tip my cap to Omar who I normally criticize and hate.

I again applaud Bobby, but all his naysayers are quiet again. How bout you people who constantly dog on Bobby give him some love.

My god ... he's Bobby f***ing Jenks.

I again credit Omar, who I have despised, and applaud Beckham, who I haven't buried and applaud Danks for a great game!

But where's the Bobby love?? He's still amazing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
I tip my cap to Omar who I normally criticize and hate.

I again applaud Bobby, but all his naysayers are quiet again. How bout you people who constantly dog on Bobby give him some love.

My god ... he's Bobby f***ing Jenks.

I again credit Omar, who I have despised, and applaud Beckham, who I haven't buried and applaud Danks for a great game!

But where's the Bobby love?? He's still amazing.

HURRAY! The $7.5M closer has been competent at his job for 2 straight games! It's kind of sad when that's a big f***ing deal.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:20 PM)
HURRAY! The $7.5M closer has been competent at his job for 3 straight games! It's kind of sad when that's a big f***ing deal.

While I agree that Jenks been pitching like complete turd, and Greg likes to overvalue anyone from the 2005 squad, Bobby only blew 1 save so far. The last on this teams long list of problems.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
While I agree that Jenks been pitching like complete turd, and Greg likes to overvalue anyone from the 2005 squad, Bobby only blew 1 save so far. The last on this teams long list of problems.

Thanks, I hadn't heard that exact line in like a week.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)

Ugh.

Look at it this way.

If we were in an extra inning game in the postseason, would you feel comfortable with Bobby pitching with the game on the line?

I would not.

That is a measure of a reliever's worth, not this ridiculous, meaningless statistic called "saves."