Guillen, Williams almost come to blows during shouting match

justBLAZE

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 06:58 AM)
Like he had nothing to do woth this mess. If KW leaves, I am going to be happy!

The problem with KW leaving, and I wouldn't shed a tear, is Ozzie is going to be even more powerful and his ego will grow tremendously. I have never heard of a manager basically forcing the GM out. This is a slippery slope. I think the first order of business however is to get Oney off of Twitter. The supposed "secrets" that he was spilling like the front office calling Winston Salem ordering KW Jr. in the line up, shouldn't be out there.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 12:27 AM)
I really am getting sick of the f***ing Guillens and their self entitlement. I would rather have Hahn as the long term GM. But having Guillen with more power than KW is like having a crack addict in charge of the collection plate.

yeah IMO this year especially is on Ozzie. I mean maybe KW is to blame for actually listening to ozzie and giving him the team he wanted, but it seems like this was ozzies team from the get go.

Ozzie and Hahn IMO would be even worse than Ozzie and KW. Alot of what Ozney was critical about during spring training was all those stat nerds who "never played"...I'm fairly sure all the guillens have this antiquated vision of how a club should be run

Right now I'm thinking that both have to go. I like KW, and would rather see Ozzie go, but this whole situation between them is out of control. Unless KW is given the green light to fire him, I see KW resigning. That would piss me off if that happened and Ozzie was still here. So, I think the best option to rid of boith of them.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 08:04 AM)
There's nothing wrong with Kotsay being on this team, in and of itself, he's proven that he's a good pinch hitter/bench player. The problem is that he's much more than that on this team and obviously not very good at what he is here.

If we look at the stats, the problem isn't Kotsay at all any more. Unless you think the problem is that Kotsay can't pitch.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 08:27 AM)
Oney has suddenly announced he will not tweet anything good or bad about the White Sox, and threw in the kicker that all previous tweets were true. I'm now 100% certain what KW and OG were arguing about.

Yeah, this is probably a correct linkage between events.

Where there's smoke there's all sorts of fire. The Guillen Family appears to be having a fallout with Kenny Williams, i'm not sure yet if they've had any sort of drama with Jerry Reinsdorf. That is why this thing is yet to come to a head. And that is why the recent Jerry interview where he brought up Oney was very interesting.

While I wouldn't be sad to see both quit/fired, if KW goes and Ozzie stays, that would be worst case scenario. It baffles me that certain people can't see how out of control Guillen and his family have become. But hey, winning a World Series ring gives you immunity I guess.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 09:05 AM)
While I wouldn't be sad to see both quit/fired, if KW goes and Ozzie stays, that would be worst case scenario. It baffles me that certain people can't see how out of control Guillen and his family have become. But hey, winning a World Series ring gives you immunity I guess.

To be totally fair...the crap surrounding Ozzie's family doesn't necessarily have to affect the performance of the team on the field. It might well be possible for someone to keep everything balanced and keep it from affecting his main job, which is the team on the field.

(I don't think Ozzie can).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
To be totally fair...the crap surrounding Ozzie's family doesn't necessarily have to affect the performance of the team on the field. It might well be possible for someone to keep everything balanced and keep it from affecting his main job, which is the team on the field.

(I don't think Ozzie can).

Well yes, if the team was playing well, then I highly doubt this would be going on. Reinsdorf should be pretty ashamed of himself if this story is true when you consider the VDN/Paxson situation as well. But just remember D. Wade, JR is not loyal at all!!

Was bound to happen sooner rather than later.

The situation just simply needs to be dealt with right now.

Wonder if Ozzie has his eye on the Marlins job for 2011, and will instruct Ozney to stay with South Florida going forward.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
Exactly. I know ownership is different, but still. I doubt Wal-Mart would hire you if you shoplifted there 10 years ago under different management.

LOL oh yeah... I forgot all about Wells for Sirotka :lolhitting

Didn't he play for Cito Gaston up there before though?

OK, so, all this might have happened... on the other hand, if you look carefully, you will see that no solid information exists here. Cowley, who just proved the other day yet again that he makes s*** up to stir the pot, has a "source" who said they "almost came to blows". That is incredibly weak. Might be fire there, might not, but Cowley has just been outright wrong on this sort of thing so many times, that I would need to see someone, anyone, else confirm it before believing it.

ok i said basically this much in the other thread - but with Ozzie getting the ultimate stamp of approval from JR to do whatever the goddamn f*** he wants, how can ANYONE put this season on KW? This isn't the team HE wanted to build.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 09:23 AM)
ok i said basically this much in the other thread - but with Ozzie getting the ultimate stamp of approval from JR to do whatever the goddamn f*** he wants, how can ANYONE put this season on KW? This isn't the team HE wanted to build.

People keep jumping to this conclusion - I'm not seeing it, and I have seen no evidence of it. I think Jerry does like Ozzie a lot, but also finds him difficult. I think he likes KW less, but knows KW is damn good at his job. I just don't see Jerry taking Ozzie's side over KW in this situation.

To be fair, Ozzie hangs around my neighborhood all the time and is really the nicest guy in the world. He's courteous to strangers and the people he encounters on the street that even may boo him.

With that said, its time for him to get out of here if he is going to react that way about business.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 09:20 AM)
OK, so, all this might have happened... on the other hand, if you look carefully, you will see that no solid information exists here. Cowley, who just proved the other day yet again that he makes s*** up to stir the pot, has a "source" who said they "almost came to blows". That is incredibly weak. Might be fire there, might not, but Cowley has just been outright wrong on this sort of thing so many times, that I would need to see someone, anyone, else confirm it before believing it.

And can we quit saying "source". I think everyone by now knows it is Ozzie's kids who are feeding this s*** out.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 08:05 AM)

All of this.