6/11 GT: White Sox @ Cubs - 1:20pm CDT WGN

knightni

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Jayson Nix gets the IBB. Again, I hate the NL.

Soto has a .265 avg., but a .405 OBP with 32 walks. Its not that he has suddenly become more patient, its just that he has been hitting in fornt of the pitcher all the time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 03:12 PM)
You know damn well Oz would have been crucified for not pitching around AJ.

A.J. Pierzynski has been a P.O.S. hitter this year, the last thing you want to do is put him on base for free and waste pitches while doing it.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
Hopefully like fathom said, we can get to the bad part of the Cubs bullpen. According to CBS Stevens is warming up. Hopefully we can put the 1st dent into his ERA...9 IP no runs.

Throwing the invisible baseball so far this year. Let's get some guys on for Rios.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
Can you say En Fuego? Where would we be without this guy? Like 4 games behind Cleveland?

Fangraphs thinks he's been worth 3 wins above a replacement...assuming he was replaced by an average player.

Compared to Mark Kotsay though, who'd probably be playing there, I'd guess that's like a 6-8 game difference.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 03:27 PM)
Fangraphs thinks he's been worth 3 wins above a replacement...assuming he was replaced by an average player.

Compared to Mark Kotsay though, who'd probably be playing there, I'd guess that's like a 6-8 game difference.

That's 3 wins plus the replacement level at this point.

And yeah, with Kotsay being there instead, I'd say we can easily be 5 games worse.