6/11 GT: White Sox @ Cubs - 1:20pm CDT WGN

knightni

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:50 PM)
I can see that line of thinking. But I can't get on Ozzie in this case. That's all Linebrink refusing to throw a f***ing strike.

Except that's kind of what Linebrink does. It's like getting upset with Williams when he allows 2+ baserunners every outing, there's a track record there and you should expect them to follow it.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:48 PM)
Until he's not. For now it's good.

Why cant everyone feel this way?

Aside from the fact that Jenks has been money in June, he hasn't been blowing us games that should be won.. im fine with him as long as that holds.. when he starts blowing games, ill be right with everyone else wanting him to be gone..

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
How can you guys say Bobby f***ing Jenks is not one of the best?

Amazes me.

because his ERA is almost 5 and he has had some pretty bad outings this year, earlier of course..

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)

Amazes me.

Because he's not? Maybe you just don't follow guys like Rivera, Papelbon, Soriano and Broxton.

im fine with him as long as that holds.. when he starts blowing games, ill be right with everyone else wanting him to be gone..

My god. The definition of a bandwagon fan.

He does fine and you TOLERATE him. He blows one save and you want his ass.

Welcome to the working world. Hope your boss doesn't treat you like that. My god.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
Except that's kind of what Linebrink does. It's like getting upset with Williams when he allows 2+ baserunners every outing, there's a track record there and you should expect them to follow it.

So in other words, sit Linebrink for the rest of the season?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)

Amazes me.

It depends on what you mean by the best. If you mean being generally unreliable in important situations, and really good at letting men on-base, I’d say you have a decent argument, Greg.

They only want him to pitch when we have a huge lead, Jordan.

Wait ... we had a huge lead today and they're mad.

No, they only want him to pitch when we are down 10-2 I guess.

I'd love for them to release Liney and Randy but if they are not going to release him, he has to be used.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
My god. The definition of a bandwagon fan.

He does fine and you TOLERATE him. He blows one save and you want his ass.

Welcome to the working world. Hope your boss doesn't treat you like that. My god.

Are you kidding greg, im sure there are many people who will tell you I have been one of the supporters for Bobby this season along with yourself..

Im not saying that I tolerate him, I am saying as long as he keeps doing his job he should stay as closer.. but if he starts blowing saves and costing us games, he needs to be removed from that role..

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:54 PM)

I'd prefer to use him when we're down by 5+ which is often enough that he should get regular work. That's if we MUST keep him around, given that he's still due $5.5M next year I suppose he's here for the long haul. He's a garbage time reliever, I'd prefer to see him pitch in those situations.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
They only want him to pitch when we have a huge lead, Jordan.

Wait ... we had a huge lead today and they're mad.

No, they only want him to pitch when we are down 10-2 I guess.

I'd love for them to release Liney and Randy but if they are not going to release him, he has to be used.

Up by 5 at Wrigley with crazy winds is not a huge lead. Just because they're on the roster doesn't mean they need to be used when the game is still within reach, there's plenty of garbage time for them to eat up innings.

Then I guess looking at the roster you wanted Putz. Fine.

So we should never pitch Randy or Liney unless we are down by five. That's two members of the staff rendered useless.

Just call for the Sox to release them. The management is to blame.

If they are on the roster taking up two spots they have to be used unfortunately sometimes with a 5 run lead.

And this was garbage time BTW. It's the s***ty Cubs, wind or no wind.

Edited by greg775

You should feel comfortable throwing Randy and Linebrink out there with a 5 run lead.. they have no business on the roster if you cant use them with that big of a cushion and not fear for blowing the lead..

that being said, I agree that Williams is horrible and needs to go.. ide rather have Threets up here..

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 05:00 PM)
Then I guess looking at the roster you wanted Putz. Fine.

So we should never pitch Randy or Liney unless we are down by five. That's two members of the staff rendered useless.

Just call for the Sox to release them. The management is to blame.

If they are on the roster taking up two spots they have to be used unfortunately sometimes with a 5 run lead.

And this was garbage time BTW. It's the s***ty Cubs, wind or no wind.

I can't for the life of me figure out why Williams is still on the club, he serves no purpose. Having 2 garbage time relievers isn't all that bad, there are plenty of teams with more than that.

And those s***ty Cubs still forced Ozzie to bring in the closer after we had an 8 run lead.

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)
You should feel comfortable throwing Randy and Linebrink out there with a 5 run lead.. they have no business on the roster if you cant use them with that big of a cushion and not fear for blowing the lead..

that being said, I agree that Williams is horrible and needs to go.. ide rather have Threets up here..

If there are no other options, sure but I can't get behind it when Putz is fresh and ready to go. You have to attempt to limit Jenks and Thornton's innings and pitching Linebrink with the game well within reach is not the way to go about it.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
If there are no other options, sure but I can't get behind it when Putz is fresh and ready to go. You have to attempt to limit Jenks and Thornton's innings and pitching Linebrink with the game well within reach is not the way to go about it.

Yeah I get that, but what im saying is you shouldn't feel the need to use one of your best relievers when the game is that far out of reach.. I understand why we used our garbage men, but a 5 run lead is pretty big for the 9th inning.. no matter where you are playing..

Williams definitely needs to go though, I am ok with Linebrink as the garbage MR

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)

This seems like more your personal perception than actual reality. I'm sorry, a 5 run lead with nobody on base in the 9th should be an automatic win 99.9% of the time. Regardless of weather conditions.

I need to see Putz pitch some more with my own eyes. I haven't seen him enough at all this season.

Liney has been a disaster with the White Sox. If only they could release both he and Randy. I agree 100 percent with Jordan4Life. The lead was way safe enough to put in the horrific Liney.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
This seems like more your personal perception than actual reality. I'm sorry, a 5 run lead with nobody on base in the 9th should be an automatic win 99.9% of the time. Regardless of weather conditions.

Win? Sure that wasn't really in doubt but that's not my point. I really didn't want to see Bobby pitch in this game and with Linebrink going out there with a 5 run lead on a lively day at Wrigley Jenks' eventual appearance became an inevitability. With the way he looks right now I'd prefer to save Bobby for games where he is truly needed, not put his status in doubt for the next few days because Linebrink is incapable of holding a lead and Putz is 100% ready to go.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)
Win? Sure that wasn't really in doubt but that's not my point. I really didn't want to see Bobby pitch in this game and with Linebrink going out there with a 5 run lead on a lively day at Wrigley Jenks' eventual appearance became an inevitability. With the way he looks right now I'd prefer to save Bobby for games where he is truly needed, not put his status in doubt for the next few days because Linebrink is incapable of holding a lead and Putz is 100% ready to go.

Gotcha. Now I understand where you're coming from.