AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 06:20 PM)
This is our run...Albeit, against the NL, but this is going to be nice for the next few weeks.

Sums it up. Not going to get excited one bit till after the NL series, but I'll gladly take beating up on the Cubs to shut up Cub fans to do that.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 06:10 PM)
4 wins in a row for the first time all year. lol

And it's not just a coincidence that we've gotten 4 outstanding (5 when you include Floyd's last outing) starts in a row. Isn't it funny how much better a team looks when their supposed strength performs like expected? What an amazing concept! But who cares. It's all Ozzie and Kenny's fault. Fire both of them!

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 12:08 AM)
Mark! :headbang

Konerko :headbang

Santos :headbang

Putz :headbang

Jenks :headbang

Jenks? Once again we see the dark side of our closer-he has too many of these games where he allows baseruuners in a save situation and eithr gives up a run or two or just barely gets out of it. Your closer shuts the opposition down period! I am getting tired of his chameleon act

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 06:24 PM)
And it's not just a coincidence that we've gotten 4 outstanding (5 when you include Floyd's last outing) starts in a row. Isn't it funny how much better a team looks when their supposed strength performs like expected? What an amazing concept! But who cares. It's all Ozzie and Kenny's fault. Fire both of them!

Yep. This team begins and ends with pitching. Don't forget two of our last three wins have come with scoring two and three runs.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 06:33 PM)
Jenks? Once again we see the dark side of our closer-he has too many of these games where he allows baseruuners in a save situation and eithr gives up a run or two or just barely gets out of it. Your closer shuts the opposition down period! I am getting tired of his chameleon act

Jenks shouldn't have allowed a run. The plate in the ninth for Jenks was nothing like it had been the whole game. He should have struck out the first hitter that reached. He also had the guy who got the RBI struck out if the plate was anything like Marmol was getting.

At least we can beat the Cubs (although I think the person who said it feels better right now not losing to the Cubs than it does beating them was dead on), and are in great shape to keep the all time series lead and take the BP Cup (ick). Beyond that, it's nice to see a good turn through the starting rotation, but that's about it. Just hard to take joy in meaningless games, and I hope we don't do anything to make our front office go into go for it mode again when it would be pointless to do so.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Behind the Rangers, the Sox have the 2nd easiest interleague schedule for AL teams. I'm not getting too excited, but if they can cut it to 6 by the end of interleague play, and then hang in there the final 10 games before the break, I'd give the Sox a chance at getting back into it. No need to make trades until then.

enks? Once again we see the dark side of our closer-he has too many of these games where he allows baseruuners in a save situation and eithr gives up a run or two or just barely gets out of it. Your closer shuts the opposition down period! I am getting tired of his chameleon act

Go to the top of the pageReport Post

+

You haters are f***ing insane.

He didn't get hit hard. he did the job ... again.

Putz also gave up a double.

What the f*** with the Jenks hate??? Give me a break already.

It was a competitive game and inning and he got the save!!!!!