AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
You haters are f***ing insane.

He didn't get hit hard. he did the job ... again.

Putz also gave up a double.

What the f*** with the Jenks hate??? Give me a break already.

It was a competitive game and inning and he got the save!!!!!

Seriously, take it down a notch.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
You haters are f***ing insane.

He didn't get hit hard. he did the job ... again.

Putz also gave up a double.

What the f*** with the Jenks hate??? Give me a break already.

It was a competitive game and inning and he got the save!!!!!

Wow, you think elrockinMT is a hater? He's one of the proudest homers on this board.

Isn't it funny how much better a team looks when their supposed strength performs like expected? What an amazing concept! But who cares. It's all Ozzie and Kenny's fault. Fire both of them!

Amen. The starters are finally doing well.

As far as Jenks, I can't wait for the day he actually blows a save. There will be such an epic meltdown. The anger will be melting computers everywhere.

Why can't the Jenks haters at least give the man credit when he does his job?

There was nothing wrong with that ninth inning except for the walk he gave up in the rain.

You people that want perfection must be great employees. Your companies are lucky to have perfect people.

I pray you guys get your wish and we trade him. You will see thornton and/or Putz blow their share of saves as well. it's the nature of the closer role.

Why fat Bobby brings out the hate in everybody when he coninues on a remarkable career baffles me.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 12:11 AM)
Amen. The starters are finally doing well.

As far as Jenks, I can't wait for the day he actually blows a save. There will be such an epic meltdown. The anger will be melting computers everywhere.

Why can't the Jenks haters at least give the man credit when he does his job?

There was nothing wrong with that ninth inning except for the walk he gave up in the rain.

You people that want perfection must be great employees. Your companies are lucky to have perfect people.

I pray you guys get your wish and we trade him. You will see thornton and/or Putz blow their share of saves as well. it's the nature of the closer role.

Why fat Bobby brings out the hate in everybody when he coninues on a remarkable career baffles me.

There is a different between being sufficient, and being remarkable. Jenks is doing JUST enough to get a save each outing. The only thing remarkable is that he only has 1 blown save.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 07:46 PM)
He's not a good pitcher, that's what is with the "hate".

Jenks had the K to win the game twice, and got f***ed on both of them. He pitched a great 9th that should have continued to lower his ERA.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 01:11 AM)
Jenks had the K to win the game twice, and got f***ed on both of them. He pitched a great 9th that should have continued to lower his ERA.

I agree.Sometimes it seems as if perfection is the only acceptable outcome around here. Even then you'd probably hear about too many pitches and 3-2 counts.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 08:11 AM)

I wouldn't say he pitched great, as there's no excuse to walk the leadoff man. With that said, I give him credit for pitching on 3 straight days. He didn't have his best fastball, but he found a way to get 3 outs without losing the lead. I will say though that greg thinks that we like Jose Paniagua more than Jenks, and that's just not true.

Two other comments about yesterday's game:

- that might have been the best called game by a Sox catcher that I can ever remember. 3-2 offspeed pitches are extremely effective against an offense pressing like the Cubs

- it was cool seeing the emotion from Peavy after Santos' strikeout in the 7th.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:36 AM)
I wouldn't say he pitched great, as there's no excuse to walk the leadoff man. With that said, I give him credit for pitching on 3 straight days. He didn't have his best fastball, but he found a way to get 3 outs without losing the lead. I will say though that greg thinks that we like Jose Paniagua more than Jenks, and that's just not true.

Well he did have him struck out...

I agree.Sometimes it seems as if perfection is the only acceptable outcome around here. Even then you'd probably hear about too many pitches and 3-2 counts.

Amen. He pitched well again and many don't want to give him props because he gave up a run in a huge pressure situation when the base hit was a flair and he got hosed on the walk.

I suspect many don't like him cause he's fat and rich, but that's just my theory.

Edited by greg775