6/12 Games

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 06:00 PM)
Flowers homered.

His 4th in 6 games. Not that he had to cause he was already doing well in the power department prior, but I think he listened to Balta and took it to heart.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
His 5th in 6 games. Not that he had to cause he was already doing well in the power department prior, but I think he listened to Balta and took it to heart.

Huh? I'm the one worried he needs to cut down on the K's, like the rest of the org.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)
Huh? I'm the one worried he needs to cut down on the K's, like the rest of the org.

You mentioned K's and power actually. But ya K's was one of them as well, though his walk rate has been pretty good to as opposed to Danks. (not to mention the lack of power from him)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
You mentioned K's and power actually. But ya K's was one of them as well, though his walk rate has been pretty good to as opposed to Danks. (not to mention the lack of power from him)

D2...it's virtually impossible for him to succeed if he can't cut his k rate by 25-40%.

Flowers can pull it off with his current K rate, but he needs to homer like Mark Reynolds/Adam Dunn/Ryan Howard otherwise he'll be useless. He needs to hit 40+ HR to be a useful player, because he's going to K 200+ times in the big leagues.

D2 doesn't have the power to pull off decent numbers if he's striking out 150+ times a year; he'd be a weaker version of BJ Upton/Grady Sizemore/Curtis Granderson. Those guys succeed with 150ish K's a year, but they're not turning into the kind of MVP's that they could be, and D2 currently doesn't have their kind of power.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
D2...it's virtually impossible for him to succeed if he can't cut his k rate by 25-40%.

D2 doesn't have the power to pull off decent numbers if he's striking out 150+ times a year; he'd be a weaker version of BJ Upton/Grady Sizemore/Curtis Granderson. Those guys succeed with 150ish K's a year, but they're not turning into the kind of MVP's that they could be, and D2 currently doesn't have their kind of power.

You are pretty much arguing with yourself Balta about Danks 2. I've been knowing about Danks, and I don't think anyone here would disagree with you there.

I'm looking forward to when the new guys sign, and the Barons gets an influx of guys from the Purple Phallus. It will be nice to see the Barons competitive again. Plus, I really want to see how Loman does against better competition.

Edited by Thunderbolt

I would say once first half seasons are done, you might see changes. (mostly like Bellamy to AA perhaps) I just hope a guy like Sale signs quickly than most 1st round picks we sign. Still bummed to not see Mitchell, Thompson, etc.. on a box score. :(