The Buyers Thread

All that said, what will likely happen is the Cubs will make Z give a public apology, they'll send him to a counselor, the Cubs FO + announcers + Z himself will pay lip service to the fans & they'll stupidly buy it, the Cubs will send Lou packing in the mean time, and the Cubs will run Zambrano back out there hoping to raise his value enough to the point where they can dump him by only eating *half* his contract.

Makes sense.

I said to a friend yesterday. Zambrano needs to be waiting in the clubhouse for the team after the game and issue some tearful apology.

Instead, he goes to dinner with Ozzie and everybody.

He's another guy that let the money take over his personality. This guy is a cancer and needs to be out of baseball.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
Makes sense.

I said to a friend yesterday. Zambrano needs to be waiting in the clubhouse for the team after the game and issue some tearful apology.Instead, he goes to dinner with Ozzie and everybody.

He's another guy that let the money take over his personality. This guy is a cancer and needs to be out of baseball.

He was told to leave the park by the manager and general manager so an incident with his teammates would be avoided

I want to watch this team play for another 2 weeks (and get done with the NL) before I decide if we should be Buyers. Yes, 11 in a row is AWESOME, but I don't want to jump the gun (possibly again).

But it seems there are some options out there that could be attainable. Knowing Kenny, he'll get us someone. I'll welcome a new DH.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 01:37 AM)
My prediction is that we go over .500 when we go 43-42. We're going 15-11 over our next 26, but that'll have us in contention for the #2 spot in the division on July 11th after beating KC at home. From there we'll make our run because KW will wake up from his hibernation and go out and acquire us a player or two. We'll hit a good stretch from there and we'll be no more than 5 back at the end of July. This is how it's all going to play out. We'll chase the Twinkies down in August as they fade like they have for the last two years, but our pitching staff is just going to get stronger, and we'll end the season as division champs who clinch late. Teams will fear us in the playoffs.

This is not a predictions thread.

Edited by TitoMB

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
i just don't see anyone trading for Z, when they outright him, his relationship with ozzie will have him on the south side.

Not with that salary. The only way he ends up here is if the Cubs eat the money and send him over in the offseason.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
Not with that salary. The only way he ends up her is if the Cubs eat the money and send him over in the offseason.

i think he meant if the cubs just simply release him? in that case we would only pay him league minimum

I don't think the Cubs are to the point where they do that yet.

Imagine if you're the owner, would YOU try to rebuild his value to get something back for him, see if they can get his fastball back in the mid 90's and dangle him before teams in playoff contention or just hold onto him into the offseason, or would you simply eat that contract and cut your losses?

It's probably going to be similar to what happened with the Silva/Bradley deal...two bad contracts exchanged, with the hope at least that both prosper in new environments.

If he was ordered to go home, then he should have stapled a letter on the wall saying he was out of line.

He should have called all his teammates on the cell and/or texted them all before going out to eat with Oz.

What a complete piece of s***. His act in the dugout was flat out scary and embarrassing. He was not just mad, he was lunatic mad.

I can't believe he didn't hit Lee. He was so out of control. A guy that makes that kind of money and the stuff he had on the mound ... to act like that is simply embarrassing. If I were Lou I'd never ever let him start again.

Another pitcher who gets a fat contract and simply sucks.

His apology to the team should be a real long one because not often do you see something that disrespectful and ridiculous. Lee is a veteran and supposedly a class act and the third baseman has had some good years as well. Both were shots down the line that were unplayable and yet Zambrano goes off. What a dumbass.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
If he was ordered to go home, then he should have stapled a letter on the wall saying he was out of line.

He should have called all his teammates on the cell and/or texted them all before going out to eat with Oz.

What a complete piece of s***. His act in the dugout was flat out scary and embarrassing. He was not just mad, he was lunatic mad.

I can't believe he didn't hit Lee. He was so out of control. A guy that makes that kind of money and the stuff he had on the mound ... to act like that is simply embarrassing. If I were Lou I'd never ever let him start again.

Another pitcher who gets a fat contract and simply sucks.

His apology to the team should be a real long one because not often do you see something that disrespectful and ridiculous. Lee is a veteran and supposedly a class act and the third baseman has had some good years as well. Both were shots down the line that were unplayable and yet Zambrano goes off. What a dumbass.

Dude, I'd love having Zambrano here. Just imagine what he'd do to Mark Teahen after performing his invisible glove trick with RISP.... :wub: :drooling:

The sox should add a LH power bat like Adam Dunn or Adam LaRoche. The LH bat should be able to play 1b at least. They shouldn't trade away Hudson because I think by the end of the year he'll be needed. As great as he's been, I don't think Freddy will last all year.

The big questions remaining are: how will Teahen be when he comes back? And will Pierre step it up? Pierre is more of a concern. The Sox don't have anyone else at the top of the order. Unless Beckham returns to his 2009 form. Or do you move Rios up, with Carlos heating up?

In a weird sort of way it would have almost been better to not be playing the Cubs at this point in time. Those are games we sell out no matter what. I wish another team was in town so that we could sell tickets to games we normally don't fill up the stadium. It would mean more money towards players potentially.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 08:29 AM)
In a weird sort of way it would have almost been better to not be playing the Cubs at this point in time. Those are games we sell out no matter what. I wish another team was in town so that we could sell tickets to games we normally don't fill up the stadium. It would mean more money towards players potentially.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. Or at least it would have been nice to play this series mid-week and have KC roll in over the weekend.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 27, 2010 -> 07:31 AM)
I was thinking the same thing the other day. Or at least it would have been nice to play this series mid-week and have KC roll in over the weekend.

13 Detroit 36 1,077,696 29,936 74.6 37 30,095 67.4 73 30,016 70.7

14 Atlanta 33 983,027 29,788 59.5 42 30,552 70.0 75 30,216 65.0

15 Houston 40 1,100,123 27,503 67.2 35 34,751 75.2 75 30,885 71.2

16 Texas 39 1,042,949 26,742 54.4 35 27,406 63.9 74 27,056 58.6

17 Seattle 38 1,013,296 26,665 55.8 36 24,334 54.5 74 25,531 55.2

18 Arizona 36 925,660 25,712 52.4 39 31,539 69.8 75 28,742 61.1

White Sox now 19th, at 24,913 per game after Sunday.

Good job by the Astros, Mariners and D-Backs to draw the crowds they're drawing. With the Mariners, there was a lot of enthusiam coming into the season and increased season ticket package buying.