6/13 GT: White Sox @ Cubs - 7:00pm CDT ESPN

knightni

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
We've scored 2 runs our last 2 games. The pitching is about the only thing to get excited about, when your offense is this bad most nights you're not going to win much.

Having an NL line up with Beckham, Nix, and pitcher obviously isn't our strong suit.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:33 PM)
Seriously, what's the point of having Kotsay on the bench if you're not going to have him hit against one of the toughest righties on the planet?

Lefties hit .116 off of Marmol. Righties actually hit .180 against him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:32 PM)
Do you support my nickname of the Bust Brothers for him and Beckham?

Well I hate nicknames in general and I'm not giving up on Beckham just yet but it's really tough to stay optimistic about Carlos he does nothing well, some things horribly and hasn't shown any signs of improvement, he's definitely in bust territory.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:35 AM)

Of course...but then you have to consider how some of our guys are against sliders. I wasn't too upset Quentin was left to bat, as he has slider speed bat sometimes. Alexei had no chance against him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)

For his career there's a near .100 point advantage for lefties in OPS and looking at individual matchups I like Kotsay against Marmol over both Ramirez and Quentin.

All Alexie had to do was put it in play. Konerko's approach was not very patient like usual and Q- pops everything up! I wish AJ was up right there.

Kudos to Gavin for pitching one hell of a ballgame! We at least won the series. The Twins seem to be coming back down to earth here. We need to win another 4 in a row before we face Strasburg.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
BTW northside and others....do you see why we keep saying that the NL sucks at hitting?

I wish I could come out of this series thinking "at least our pitchers had good outings, maybe they're turning it around".

Instead, I'm thinking "well, at least our pitchers can beat NL lineups" and it really doesn't impress me as much.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
It's always fun watching our approach in Backe in Game 4.

Here is my problem with the 9th.

If Ramirez is up there to bunt then why no PH Lillibridge to bunt as Ramirez is as fundamentally as bad a hitter as there is in baseball.

It just sucks that chad tracey beat them.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
Here is my problem with the 9th.

If Ramirez is up there to bunt then why no PH Lillibridge to bunt as Ramirez is as fundamentally as bad a hitter as there is in baseball.

It just sucks that chad tracey beat them.

Lillibridge wasn't a very fundamentally good hitter when we saw him last year either.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
If this was AJP's last game, I want to say that his pitch calling this series was absolutely phenomenal.

Minus the first pitch fastball to Tracy after Soriano's double.