Most exciting players to watch

fathom

Since there's no Sox game today, I was thinking about which performers in baseball do I keep the channel on when I'm flipping back and forth thanks to the Extra Innings Package. I would have to say that my top 10 are:

10. J. Heyward

9. P. Fielder

8. J. Hamilton

7. S. Santos

6. T. Lincecum

5. C. Blackwood

4. M. Cabrera

3. A. Pujols

2. J. Broxton

1. S. Strasburg

What about you guys?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 08:28 PM)
I see what you did there.

No Ubaldo?

Yeah, I should have included him on there. Most of those guys are carry overs from last year...you can replace one all star with another and put Jimenez at #5.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
Since there's no Sox game today, I was thinking about which performers in baseball do I keep the channel on when I'm flipping back and forth thanks to the Extra Innings Package. I would have to say that my top 10 are:

10. J. Heyward

9. P. Fielder

8. J. Hamilton

7. S. Santos

6. T. Lincecum

5. C. Blackwood

4. M. Cabrera

3. A. Pujols

2. J. Broxton

1. S. Strasburg

What about you guys?

:lolhitting

I'd add Carl Crawford and Hanely Ramirez. And Ubaldo. I also love to watch Chase Utley play.

Mike Stanton might start go get talked about too pretty soon.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
I think Heyward, Stras and Ubaldo would be my top 3 at the moment, can't really put an order on those 3 though.

For some reason, I love watching Dodgers closers. Maybe it's cause their home games are on at 12 at night and Vin Scully is announcing, but watching Gagne, Saito, and now Broxton have always entertained the heck out of me.

lol Fathom.

I agree with Strasburg, mainly because he's new but I'm sure he'll be up there for years to come. I like watching Jason Heyward too. I want to see more of Carlos Santana before he starts to kill us as well.

Other players I like watching are Hamilton, Pujols, Howard, and Fielder like you mentioned. I also like watching Guerrero because who knows what he'll swing at, and Tulowitzki, Kinsler, Crawford, Ichiro, and probably many more.

Pitchers: Jimenez, Greinke, Lincecum, Halladay, etc.

Edited by WilliamTell

Oh, I also love watching Juan Uribe bat. Every time I watch a game at San Fran, it amazes me how Bonds hit so many home runs there. That field is just mammoth. I don't care if he was on all the steroids in the world....lots of our players have been juiced up, and no one else could hit it out to right center there.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
As for the player that gets the least with the most amount of talent, I'd have to say B.J. Upton.

This is true. But due to his two premium skills, elite caliber speed and defense, he can hit .100 and still have optimum value.

Most of the top guys I enjoy watching most have been named. Gotta give some serious love to Elvis Andrus, David Wright, Ryan Zimmerman, Joey Votto, Brandon Phillips, Carlos Gonzalez, Josh Johnson, Joel Zumaya and Neftali Feliz. And Pedro Alvarez immediately makes my top 10 upon call-up. He's going to be the best player from the '08 draft.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
Oh, I also love watching Juan Uribe bat. Every time I watch a game at San Fran, it amazes me how Bonds hit so many home runs there. That field is just mammoth. I don't care if he was on all the steroids in the world....lots of our players have been juiced up, and no one else could hit it out to right center there.

I still tell people that the best hitter I've ever seen in my life was Barry Bonds, and I don't care that he was on steroids. I was obviously always a huge proponent of bringing Bonds to Chicago (he would have hit like 100 homers at the Cell), but that was always a pipedream. It's amazing to consider how good Pujols has been his entire career, and that, for a 4-5 year stretch (minus the one year where Bonds didn't play to get clean or to get on a clean enough cycle or because "he was hurt") Pujols STILL couldn't touch Bonds.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
I still tell people that the best hitter I've ever seen in my life was Barry Bonds, and I don't care that he was on steroids. I was obviously always a huge proponent of bringing Bonds to Chicago (he would have hit like 100 homers at the Cell), but that was always a pipedream. It's amazing to consider how good Pujols has been his entire career, and that, for a 4-5 year stretch (minus the one year where Bonds didn't play to get clean or to get on a clean enough cycle or because "he was hurt") Pujols STILL couldn't touch Bonds.

I'll never forget being at the interleague game where Colon K'd Barry the first three times he was up, and then the 4th time he hit, Bonds hit one about 20 rows up in the aisle between sections 100 and 101. I was in 100 in the 7th row, and it was 10 to 15 rows over my head.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
I'll never forget being at the interleague game where Colon K'd Barry the first three times he was up, and then the 4th time he hit, Bonds hit one about 20 rows up in the aisle between sections 100 and 101. I was in 100 in the 7th row, and it was 10 to 15 rows over my head.

Pervical v. Bonds in Game 2 of the 2002 World Series was about the same thing. And Tim Salmon saying "Where did that land?" was priceless.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)

Mostly, because he was the most gifted baseball player in the last few decades. There was no one better in the late 80's-90's.

Great great ballplayer, piece of crap as a person. I don't think Ive met a worse one, although Gary Sheffield is right there with him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)

I was at the game where he hit #70, at minute maid, and that thing was just destroyed.. i had never seen a ball hit that far in that park

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 15, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
Mostly, because he was the most gifted baseball player in the last few decades.

I'd give it to Junior. No one was close to having all 5 tools like him. When he was with the mariners, no one the game could top his overall skill set