Heyman: KW wants to fire Ozzie

WhiteSoxfan1986

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the weekend, there were alot of comments from Ozzie about AJ not going anywhere. Weeks prior, there were comments from Ozzie about how Beckham wasn't going anywhere as long as he kept playing hard and keeping his head up.

Don't these seem like comments you should be hearing from KW, not the field manager? Isn't KW in charge of making personnel decisions? I know each offseason they organization has meetings and I swear JR must have said to the board room, Ozzie gets whatever he wants. It seems like KW is a puppet. Our offense has been bad all season, yet no moves whatsoever have been made. Oh wait, Lillibridge. So yeah no moves whatsoever. For a team so bad at scoring runs, the old KW would have done something by now. This is Ozzie's team, there is no doubt in mind. I feel bad for KW.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
If this all blows up and KW leaves, and Ozzie stays. I will not watch a white sox game, attend one, or buy anything white sox related for a long time because I would be that pissed off at the organization.

Same here. I won't watch or go to any games until Ozzie is fired if they force KW out instead of him.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 07:01 PM)
wow. some of these declarations are just so f***ing lame.

Ozzie just needs to shut up and win some games.

KW needs to take control of the team and the personel decisions!

JR needs to stop this whole mess before July 1st. That is when I hope his 'other' team can shock the basketball world with signing of Lebron james.

Soxtalk needs to keep entertaining me on a daily basis! This is the best website ever!

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 08:01 PM)
wow. some of these declarations are just so f***ing lame.

So, you’d be okay with Ozzie Guillen running the day to day personnel decisions for this franchise? That doesn’t worry you in the slightest? If Ozzie really has KW cuckolded then there’s almost nothing that he can do to affect his job status. He could DH Vizquel all he wants, give Kotsay more at-bats, and even push this organization to trade for players who fit his increasingly flawed style of baseball. This is a man who, left to his own devices, could come very close to destroying this franchise. And all we could do is watch.

Edited by Thunderbolt

If KW steps down, and Hahn comes in, Hahn will be nothing more than a puppet. He’ll have ultimately no power beyond suggestion, be immediately placed under Ozzie’s thumb, and everyone in the game will know it. The final call on every decision will be that of Ozzie Guillen. That troubles me greatly.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:36 PM)
And whose bright idea was it to dump Pods after having a career year? He's batting .282 right now with 18 stolen bases.

Pierre is now batting .248 with 25 stolen bases and 6 CS (which leads the league), his batting average has been going up starting around mid may after a completely brutal start that had me wanting Pierre dumped for a bag of balls.

Pods is batting .282 with 18 stolen bases and 6 CS, and his batting average has been going down after having a torrid start which had his average above .300 until late may when he started coming back to his normal numbers.

Lets stop acting like Pods would be saving our season right now if he was leading off. Pierre is the same player with a little bit better instincts on the basepaths, better defense, and less power.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 07:06 PM)
So, you’d be okay with Ozzie Guillen running the day to day personnel decisions for this franchise? That doesn’t worry you in the slightest? If Ozzie really has KW cuckolded then there’s almost nothing that he can do to affect his job status. He could DH Vizquel all he wants, give Kotsay more at-bats, and even push this organization to trade for players who fit his increasingly flawed style of baseball. This is a man who, left to his own devices, could come very close to destroying this franchise. And all we could do is watch.

There is no evidence that KW isn't at least as responsible for the product on the field as Guillen is. The truth is KW boxed himself in financially where there were no great options to fill the holes on this team in the offseason. Throwing $15M at Teahen to play 3B is by far worse than any personnel decision Guillen may have had a hand in.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
There is no evidence that KW isn't at least as responsible for the product on the field as Guillen is. The truth is KW boxed himself in financially where there were no great options to fill the holes on this team in the offseason. Throwing $15M at Teahen to play 3B is by far worse than any personnel decision Guillen may have had a hand in.

It’s not about who is responsible. It’s about who is accountable. By all reason, it should be both of them, but from what we’re hearing Kenny is the one who is going to take the fall for this.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
If KW steps down, and Hahn comes in, Hahn will be nothing more than a puppet. He’ll have ultimately no power beyond suggestion, be immediately placed under Ozzie’s thumb, and everyone in the game will know it. The final call on every decision will be that of Ozzie Guillen. That troubles me greatly.

Could not disagree more. The influence of Guillen on the makeup of this roster is greatly exaggerated.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
Could not disagree more. The influence of Guillen on the makeup of this roster is greatly exaggerated.

Ozzie is the man behind the most pivotal baseball choices this team made in the offseason. Those being: to bring in Juan Pierre to have an “ideal” leadoff hitter and to forgo Jim Thome in favor of a rotating DH based loosely around mediocre, aging veterans. To say he had nothing to do with the making of this roster is false.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 07:18 PM)
It’s not about who is responsible. It’s about who is accountable. By all reason, it should be both of them, but from what we’re hearing Kenny is the one who is going to take the fall for this.

The Peavy and Rios acquisitions chewed up too many resources to allow this team a chance at being a serious contender. That is squarely on Kenny.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)
Pierre is now batting .248 with 25 stolen bases and 6 CS (which leads the league), his batting average has been going up starting around mid may after a completely brutal start that had me wanting Pierre dumped for a bag of balls.

Pods is batting .282 with 18 stolen bases and 6 CS, and his batting average has been going down after having a torrid start which had his average above .300 until late may when he started coming back to his normal numbers.

Lets stop acting like Pods would be saving our season right now if he was leading off. Pierre is the same player with a little bit better instincts on the basepaths, better defense, and less power.

Juan Pierre's WAR: 0.3

Scott Podsednik's WAR: 0.2

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
The Peavy and Rios acquisitions chewed up too many resources to allow this team a chance at being a serious contender. That is squarely on Kenny.

Rios has been our second best player this season. He's been worth that contract. Jim Thome is making the same amount of money that Mark Kotsay is. The money was there.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
Ozzie is the man behind the most pivotal baseball choices this team made in the offseason. Those being: to bring in Juan Pierre to have an “ideal” leadoff hitter and to forgo Jim Thome in favor of a rotating DH based loosely around mediocre, aging veterans. To say he had nothing to do with the making of this roster is false.

Pierre instead of ??? Thome is a part time player without a position AND if you were planning on keeping Santos you needed to carry an extra pitcher and really could not afford to keep a pure DH on the roster. At least not one who isn't an everyday starter and intrical part of the lineup.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 06:24 PM)

yeah and Rios isn't working out well at all.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
Rios has been our second best player this season. He's been worth that contract. Jim Thome is making the same amount of money that Mark Kotsay is. The money was there.

Sure he's been worth his contract, but the team is still languishing. KW put together an offense that could not afford a bad year from it's big hitters (i.e. Beckham and Quentin) because there were holes other places. Konerko and Rios are having MVP type seasons and the offense is still one of the worst in the league.

QUOTE (jamesdiego @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)
I gotta believe that JR would do whats best for the orgainization.

After all of the horrible business decisions that JR, Einhorn, and the rest of the ownership group have made over the past 29 years, I don't share your optimism. JR allowing Kenny to walk to placate Ozzie would be par for the course for him.

Allow me to speculate about all of this with a completely different hypothesis.

Consider the following:

1) Baseball is after all entertainment

2) Jerry Reinsdorf is a pretty smart owner

3) There is intense competition between the Sox and Cubs for the Chicago baseball entertainment dollar.

4) There is this MLB.COM reality show being produced featuring the White Sox.

5) Ozzie has always been regarded as a very entertaining personality, and not above theatrics

I recall the video of A.J. and the mock fight with a professional wrestler during Spring Training, a couple of years ago, in which Ozzie participated by hitting the guy with a folding chair.

What if the producers of MLB.COM suggested to the Sox that they could generate a lot of interest and publicity if they staged a big riff between Ozzie and Kenny? Jerry Reinsdorf, though reluctant to go along, decided it would be worth the publicity.

Such a scenario would explain how a smart business man like Reinsdorf would tolerate such behavior without stepping in and firing someone. If this is not an act, then there are a lot of people here who are bigger idiots than we think. Ozzie would have to be an idiot for allowing his sons to cause so much controversy. Kenny Williams would have to be an idiot for not exercising some self restraint, and for allowing Ozzie to usurp his responsibilities and control.

Ozzie’s family would all have to be idiots for creating such a scene and jeopardizing Ozzie’s professional career. After all none of this would look good on his resume, if it were real, and if he ever intends to get another managing job in the Big Leagues.

If this isn't a publicity stunt, wouldn't you think that everyone involved would be on their best behavior, knowing that it will all come out in the MLB.COM show?

Maybe we're the idiots here for falling for this stunt.

“I’m not sayin’, I’m just sayin’‘.

Edited by Lillian

KW is the one who talked about needing a lead off hitter for a long time before Pods started working last year, then went out and drafted another High K rate guy to be the CF and leadoff hitter of the future. He pursued Pods and Brett Gardner in the off-season before settling for Pierre.

The Sox player development is a joke, the longer guys are here the worse hitters they become. We have a depleted farm system, have bad contracts throughout the ML roster that hamstring the team from making any moves to improve.