2010-2011 NHL thread

Mason would be a guy I'd look at also if you couldn't bring Niemi back.

There's rumors that Nathan Horton is going to leave Florida also, so they could be in the market for some replacement forwards (Sharp, Versteeg etc.) possibly.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSN.CA: Darren Dreger reports the Blackhawks are receiving inquiries about Dustin Byfuglien, Kris Versteeg and Andrew Ladd but apparently aren't keen to move center Patrick Sharp...

This is the best news I've heard in awhile.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 09:27 AM)
This is the best news I've heard in awhile.

God, I hope so, although I won't believe til it gets done.

From TSN's Bob McKenzie:

Hawks cap situation is believed to be so tight that they can't make qualifying offer to Andrew Ladd and therefore are shopping him hard. Vancouver is one of the teams said be most interested, which of course is funny. Ladd is a B.C. boy but had a running battle with Kesler etc NOT saying it's a foregone conclusion Ladd ends up in VanCity, but it's possible. He will be on the move tho.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 10:00 AM)
God, I hope so, although I won't believe til it gets done.

From TSN's Bob McKenzie:

Ladd for a second-round pick? I think that would be fair for both sides. Obviously the Hawks really can't get a first-round pick for him because if Vancouver waits he'll be an outright free agent, but this would guarantee them his rights (I believe). That would also give the Hawks four picks in the first 60, which could help replenish our system or help us move up in the draft to get a guy we like.

Florida traded Horton and Gregory Campbell for Dennis Wideman, the 15th overall pick and another pick.

Not really a big fan of the move for Tallon as I liked Horton. Panthers do now have the 3rd, 15th, 33rd, 36th, 50th picks though.

Edited by chimpy2121

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 01:05 PM)
Florida traded Horton and Gregory Campbell for Dennis Wideman, the 15th overall pick and another pick.

Not really a big fan of the move for Tallon as I liked Horton. Panthers do now have the 3rd, 15th, 33rd, 36th, 50th picks though.

Tallon drafts well. The more picks for them the better. And apparently Horton asked Tallon for a trade.

Here's the latest on the Hawks, via numerous sources:

Seven players are absolutely untouchable: Toews, Kane, Hossa, Bolland, Keith, Searbrook, and Sharp.

Bowman has alerted teams that the price for Byfuglien is a 1st round pick and a prospect.

Vertseeg is apparently the guy that most teams want (yes please).

Ladd is openly being shopped with, ironically, Vancouver being very interested.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 04:59 PM)

Seven players are absolutely untouchable: Toews, Kane, Hossa, Bolland, Keith, Searbrook, and Sharp.

Bowman has alerted teams that the price for Byfuglien is a 1st round pick and a prospect.

Im happy that Sharp is considered an untouchable by the team but Im also sad Ladd looks like he is on the way out. Id much rather deal Byfuglien as I see his value at an all time high and prefer Versteeg to go as well over Ladd.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 05:30 PM)
The Sharks are not going to offer Nabokov a contract when he becomes a UFA.

I just saw that. The goalie market already has a lot of options already, but that makes it even more wide open. I think that helps the Hawks with Niemi, because it makes it less likely a team offers him a huge contract and risks giving up high draft picks, when there are so many UFAs out there. Hopefully that means he will accept a reasonable contract.

Sounds good to me so far.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
Man, if they got a 1st and a decent prospect back for Buff that would be one of the greatest moves of the summer. Please sell on him.

That's the current asking price, but I don't think anyone will bite. Likely we'll have to settle for second round picks for most our guys with Versteeg the lone exception since he is signed for two years.

Like what i'm seeing in this post.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
I don't know who he is, but I don't trust "insiders" who spell players and cities wrong in rumor tweets.

Lmao, or the fact that he's never been right on one of his rumors.

If the hawks move, let's say, Big Buf and Versteeg...would they be more likely to be able to keep Ladd? Or do they basically all have to go?

He added on:

a little more to it...trade is Byfuglien, Eager, Sopel (and another minor player) for a 1 player f rom Atlanta, Picks and Prospects

Wouldn't be a bad way to get rid of $6+ mil if true (depending on which player would be coming back).

Again though, I have never read anything from Eklund that has ever turned out to be true, even though this is an e5.

Oh snap, Pierre Lebrun jumping in...

Hawks just made their bluckuster deal to Atlanta. More in a second
Edited by chimpy2121