2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
cant believe i wasted money for season tickets on these losers. season.... OVER :fight
kidding right? lol

I missed the yelling I do when the Hawks score, I don't do it for any other sport... Only walk-offs and perfect game catches can make me yell like I do for a goal. :P

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
Am I completely off but wasnt there supposed to be a prospect up with the Bhawks named Kyle Beach or something similar to that? He not make the team?

That is correct, he is down in Rockford. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the salary cap may have played part in the decision. He was a 1st round pick, and I think his $1.1 million salary counting towards the cap if he was called up may have kept him in the minors for now.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)
Am I completely off but wasnt there supposed to be a prospect up with the Bhawks named Kyle Beach or something similar to that? He not make the team?

He did not make the team, but he'll be on the roster soon enough.

Methinks it's going to be a rough start (by current Stanley Cup champion standards) for the 'hawks. Turco is going to have to get used to a new group of d-men. Add to that, the core of d-men is missing a big piece right now in Campbell. And there are a couple of lines that have to get used to playing with each other, but by mid-November, beginning of December, I think this team will start clicking.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Oct 8, 2010 -> 12:46 PM)
Methinks it's going to be a rough start (by current Stanley Cup champion standards) for the 'hawks. Turco is going to have to get used to a new group of d-men. Add to that, the core of d-men is missing a big piece right now in Campbell. And there are a couple of lines that have to get used to playing with each other, but by mid-November, beginning of December, I think this team will start clicking.

Methinks the Hawks looked pretty similar to last year, and will be fine out of the gate.

We lost our first game, a road game, in overtime... and looked decent enough doing it. Add to this our top line didn't even show up.

I expect to dominate immediately!

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 7, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
John Scott is big and all, but he's dreadfully slow. Stalberg however is a legit burner.

I thought Stalberg shoulda played more last night. Hit the post on a shot, made a sweet pass to Dowell who didn't shoot. I think he's too talented to be a 4th liner.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 9, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
Kopecky has no business being on the top line, and it continues to show. He just can't keep up with whoever he is playing with, and it's hurting the real Top 6 forwards on this team. Ugh.

I'd like to see Stalberg get a shot at the Toews/Hossa line. Kopecky is a low-line forward, friendship with Hossa or not.