2010-2011 NHL thread

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 08:48 AM)
Huet got the shaft big time. In the NHL, you can't renegotiate contracts so he couldn't have given money back stay with the Hawks or go to another NHL team for less. If you really look at it, the Hawks really just screwed him big time. Kinda feel bad for him. Yeah, I know he is making a ton of money, but still the principles involved here are preyty bush.

And yet, something tells me he won't be out on the forefront of the union the next time the NHL CBA comes up, saying "we need players to be able to reduce their contracts mid-contract to stay in the league!".

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 07:48 AM)
Huet got the shaft big time. In the NHL, you can't renegotiate contracts so he couldn't have given money back stay with the Hawks or go to another NHL team for less. If you really look at it, the Hawks really just screwed him big time. Kinda feel bad for him. Yeah, I know he is making a ton of money, but still the principles involved here are preyty bush.

There is about 22 million reasons why I think the guy will be OK.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 22, 2010 -> 07:48 AM)

No one forced him to accept that offer to play over there. It's the big leagues, baby. It was either play over there for, what, an extra 2 million? Or play in Rockford. He chose his course of action.

Had he performed to the level of which the contract was signed for, it wouldn't have been an issue.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
Just booked a trip to Nashville to see the Hawks play the Preds in January. Not sure what type of hockey atmosphere to expect down there, but never been to Nashville, so should be a good time.

except it's going to be January.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 09:46 AM)
I'm praying to everything that Hossa's injury isn't too serious.

I am hoping as well... sounds like it could possibly be a shoulder injury again...this has me nervous. Not sure who is reporting on Waddle and Silvy right now about it.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
I am hoping as well... sounds like it could possibly be a shoulder injury again...this has me nervous. Not sure who is reporting on Waddle and Silvy right now about it.

I'd assume its Jesse Rogers, this is from his Twitter:

ESPNChiHawks No hossa on ice. Not a surprise. When q does not say "day to day" you have to worry

ESPNChiHawks But no call up at least not yet so that's something

link

Chicago Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa will be out "likely up to a couple of weeks," coach Joel Quenneville said on Thursday.

Hossa left Wednesday's game with an apparent arm or shoulder injury in the second period after falling near a corner on a Blackhawks power play. Officially, the team is deeming it an "upper body injury."

"It's not of a serious nature," Quenneville said.

The Blackhawks were still discussing who they might recall from Rockford of the AHL to replace Hossa on the roster.

Hossa was off to a quick start this season after missing the beginning of last year with a shoulder injury. He is currently second on the team with 11 points.

This whole "upper/lower body injury" thing in the NHL is pretty damn annoying.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 28, 2010 -> 07:32 PM)
link

This whole "upper/lower body injury" thing in the NHL is pretty damn annoying.

agreed. Even though they said it's not serious I'm still deeply cynical about injuries as vague as this. As a fan, the more mysterious quite often leads to more serious. BUT, I'm hoping this is just precautionary as it's early and they clearly need him the whole season.