2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 3, 2010 -> 10:18 PM)
They'll be fine in the long-run, but they don't look very good right now.

This. It's not like they are getting thoroughly outplayed all of the time, but they keep having bad decisions & mental lapses that are causing them to give up goals, while they can't seem to make the big play offensively. The talent is obviously there, and as the young guys keep getting more ice time, I think they will start looking better. I really like what I have seen from Skille & Dowell.

LOL at the doom & gloom attitude that seems to be prevailing in & around the UC. I guess since they won the Cup, people expected them to breeze through the NHL despite all the roster changes and new youth in the lineup. Now people seem to act like this team never has a chance to be good again. Let's not forget they have 4 of the top 25-30 players in the entire NHL signed for the next 5 seasons.

Btw, f*** the NHL schedule makers. Why do the Hawks have 4-6 more games played than any other team in the division??? I'm sure that is not helping, it seems like almost every game is part of a back-to-back.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 07:21 AM)
This. It's not like they are getting thoroughly outplayed all of the time, but they keep having bad decisions & mental lapses that are causing them to give up goals, while they can't seem to make the big play offensively. The talent is obviously there, and as the young guys keep getting more ice time, I think they will start looking better. I really like what I have seen from Skille & Dowell.

LOL at the doom & gloom attitude that seems to be prevailing in & around the UC. I guess since they won the Cup, people expected them to breeze through the NHL despite all the roster changes and new youth in the lineup. Now people seem to act like this team never has a chance to be good again. Let's not forget they have 4 of the top 25-30 players in the entire NHL signed for the next 5 seasons.

Btw, f*** the NHL schedule makers. Why do the Hawks have 4-6 more games played than any other team in the division??? I'm sure that is not helping, it seems like almost every game is part of a back-to-back.

They've played more games than anyone. NJ's played 14, there's two or three teams at 13 and the rest are bunched in the 10-11-12 range, with a couple of teams only having played 9. I guess that means they'll have a more spread out schedule at some point in the year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 09:48 AM)
I would still be willing to bet that the Hawks make it further in the playoffs than the Bulls.

Totally. Plus, Bulls fans have already admitted that they have no chance to win a title this year due to the competition. Same can't be said about the Hawks, no matter how off they look right now.

I'll personally drive John Scott to Rockford if it means getting him out of the lineup. Cullimore looked just as I remembered him last night, slow with bad hands. We obviously need our guys to get back healthy, but I really dont think we have the best talent in the system on the roster right now.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
I'll personally drive John Scott to Rockford if it means getting him out of the lineup. Cullimore looked just as I remembered him last night, slow with bad hands. We obviously need our guys to get back healthy, but I really dont think we have the best talent in the system on the roster right now.

I'll take Nick Leddy's growing pains over John Scott giving me intestinal pains any day of the week.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
I gotcha. Now that the Bulls lost at home, whats next? Maybe a Wolves season ticket holder will trade tix?

hopefully someone at stubhub will pick them up off me for close to what they are worth, ill throw all the money into google stock, should get me 4 or 5 shares

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 5, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
We could certainly use that talent at the forward position.

This is probably the most surprising part of the Hawks' slow(ish) start.

I expected the offense to play so much better than they have.

I hope Morin can come in and play well. I liked what I saw from him in the preseason.