2010-2011 NHL thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2011 -> 11:56 PM)
This is gonna make me sound like Dan Bernstein, but I think that start of the game is just stupid. These are two teams that play each other like once a year, and can only face each other in the Stanley Cup Finals, so they are not huge rivals. It's one thing to fight to get your team pumped up or for payback, but three fights to start the game is a waste of time IMO, not to forget Burish's fight five minutes in.

There is a lot of bad blood between Ott and Campbell from a couple years back so its no surprise that they danced right off the bat. Ott is a major turd anyways. Last time these teams played in Boston they racked up 140+ penalty minutes, so there is definitely a healthy dislike despite the fact they don't play terribly often.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hawksfan61 @ Feb 4, 2011 -> 05:37 AM)
There is a lot of bad blood between Ott and Campbell from a couple years back so its no surprise that they danced right off the bat. Ott is a major turd anyways. Last time these teams played in Boston they racked up 140+ penalty minutes, so there is definitely a healthy dislike despite the fact they don't play terribly often.

I didn't think about the fact that they don't play that often makes it the one chance they get to fight. If Ott & Campbell wanna duke it out at the start, thats fine, but I just think 3 different lines going at it to start the game is a bit excessive, but whatever.

It boils down to the fact that beyond Jonathan Toews, no big money player is playing up to their salaries. Kane has a -7 even though he is starting to find his scoring touch. As good as Sharpy has been offensively, he has a -13. Keith and Seabs also minuses. Granted they are playing other team's top lines, but it is brutal to watch how poor they are defensively this year. Just careless mistakes in their own zone, poor positioning and they just look slow/tired. Probably has to do with the Stanley Cup run they had last year and the Olympics, but I have no faith that the Hawks will make the playoffs.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 07:59 AM)
It boils down to the fact that beyond Jonathan Toews, no big money player is playing up to their salaries. Kane has a -7 even though he is starting to find his scoring touch. As good as Sharpy has been offensively, he has a -13. Keith and Seabs also minuses. Granted they are playing other team's top lines, but it is brutal to watch how poor they are defensively this year. Just careless mistakes in their own zone, poor positioning and they just look slow/tired. Probably has to do with the Stanley Cup run they had last year and the Olympics, but I have no faith that the Hawks will make the playoffs.

Hossa had 7 goals in the first 7 games. Since then he has scored 5 in the next 30 he played and missed 16 more due to injury.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 8, 2011 -> 10:34 AM)
Steve, don't hold back, tell me how you really feel.

The Hawks are an abomination and every player is a shell of their former self. Keith made some of the dumbest passes I've seen last night. Ugh.

That's a very interesting trade to say the least.

Frolik was a former big time prospect, and he's actually having a pretty decent season.

Tallon obviously must have loved Skille and wanted to bring him back on board.

As first glance, if Salak turns out to be anything like Niemi was, I think it's a very good trade for Chicago.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 08:17 PM)
That's a very interesting trade to say the least.

Frolik was a former big time prospect, and he's actually having a pretty decent season.

Tallon obviously must have loved Skille and wanted to bring him back on board.

As first glance, if Salak turns out to be anything like Niemi was, I think it's a very good trade for Chicago.

I think its a hell of a trade for the Hawks.

Looks like a solid trade to me. Frolik is no superstar, but he's a year younger than Skille, can play 2nd line center and is already in his third full season in the league. Salak could be a future cheaper goaltendingr option.

I've always liked Skille. He has shown some potential at times, but can't seem to put it all together at once. Lots of trade talk with him recently and rumors that he has been in the Hawks doghouse. Not sure for what reason.

I wonder if the Blackhawks guilted Tallon into that one. On the surface it doesn't make any sense. We get a pretty talented young goaltender as well as the most talented player in the deal in Frolik.

This looks like a really strong trade for the Hawks. Frolik is a huge upgrade from Skille.

TIFWIW here but there is a rumor from various sources I seen on Stuy's board that Seabrook could be dealt to the Oilers after the game...this is the actual post on there...

"Just got off the phone with Stuy who is in his car, and he is hearing from a number of sources that Seabrook will be traded to Edm after tomorrow night's game. There is NO confirmation on this, but it's coming out on multiple web sites. The biggest source so far is Sportsnet's Roger Millions who covers the Oilers, who has said He's heard it's a done deal. NO idea yet on who might be coming back from Edm, but both Stuy and I said we feared the same thing...Penner first, but then either Hemsky or Gagner (Kane connection) after that."

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 10:25 AM)
I wonder if the Blackhawks guilted Tallon into that one. On the surface it doesn't make any sense. We get a pretty talented young goaltender as well as the most talented player in the deal in Frolik.

This looks like a really strong trade for the Hawks. Frolik is a huge upgrade from Skille.

Tallon loves Skille for whatever reason.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
TIFWIW here but there is a rumor from various sources I seen on Stuy's board that Seabrook could be dealt to the Oilers after the game...this is the actual post on there...

"Just got off the phone with Stuy who is in his car, and he is hearing from a number of sources that Seabrook will be traded to Edm after tomorrow night's game. There is NO confirmation on this, but it's coming out on multiple web sites. The biggest source so far is Sportsnet's Roger Millions who covers the Oilers, who has said He's heard it's a done deal. NO idea yet on who might be coming back from Edm, but both Stuy and I said we feared the same thing...Penner first, but then either Hemsky or Gagner (Kane connection) after that."

Seabs is due for an extension and has been bad this year, but I don't see the Hawks trading him.

This all stems from an original post by Millions that was very vague and seemed to be pretty made up.

Got this from another board I go on, maybe there is a connection.

While a deal is not imminent, Rangers GM Glen Sather has supposedly spoken with the Edmonton Oilers about forwards Dustin Penner and Ales Hemsky.