2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
Does anyone know if the Skille deal freed up cap space, and if so, how much?

I could be wrong, but comparing their cap hits on capgeek.com, I think the move cost the Hawks $400-500k in cap space (prorated for the rest of the season), cause Frolik definitely makes more than Skille.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 10:46 AM)
I could be wrong, but comparing their cap hits on capgeek.com, I think the move cost the Hawks $400-500k in cap space (prorated for the rest of the season), cause Frolik definitely makes more than Skille.

Wow, I didn't think we had that much space left. I wonder if that means a move to cut money is coming.

Turco in net for the first time vs. Dallas tonight. Hossa out with the flu.

I've been trying to scoreboard watch for the Hawks playoff chances, but there are too many damn teams in the race! Unless someone is playing the East or Edmonton, I'm not even sure who to root for anymore.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 09:55 PM)
Hawks 2010-11=Sox 2006.

At least those Sox won 90 games and would have made the playoffs in most years.

I'm sure flying overnight to Phoenix with 3 guys injured is gonna lead to a victory Sat. night against a team right in front of you in the standings.

I didn't see last night's game, and heard Turco actually played decently, but seriously on non-back-to-back games, there is no reason Crawford shouldn't be in net. It's just like last year when Niemi was in net instead of Huet, the team just has an extra confidence about them. Turco is absolute garbage and they will regret giving him these extra starts when the Hawks fail to make the playoffs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 11, 2011 -> 04:47 PM)
Turco in net for the first time vs. Dallas tonight. Hossa out with the flu.

I've been trying to scoreboard watch for the Hawks playoff chances, but there are too many damn teams in the race! Unless someone is playing the East or Edmonton, I'm not even sure who to root for anymore.

Root for no OT games.

Before this season, Byfuglien had 55 G & 109 Pts in 260 GP, with a -15 rating

Started this season with 16 G, 41 pts in 42 GP with a +8. 16 games since then, 1 G, 2 pts with a -8.

Atlanta better hope the 1st half of this season was for real, not just a lucky streak. Good for Buffs though. The Hawks were never gonna offer him anywhere near that much money, so whatever.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 08:28 AM)
Looking at the standings, I don't think it's too early to call tonight a must-win. Hawks had 3 days rest, & the Wild lost last night. Two points for Frolik tonight.

This is a huge god damn game. It's time for Hossa to rise from his slumber (if he plays) as well.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 08:36 AM)
This is a huge god damn game. It's time for Hossa to rise from his slumber (if he plays) as well.

Hossa's gonna skate with Bolland & Frolik tonight, hope that gets them going. Kane has the flu bug that has been going around the locker room, missed the last two practices.

edit: Kane practicing today, should be good to go

Edited by LittleHurt05

Coach Q hospitalized last night with "undisclosed health concern". Haviland to coach tonight.

CHICAGO -- Chicago Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville was admitted into a hospital Wednesday morning after being taken to the emergency room Tuesday night with an "undisclosed health concern" that is not of cardiac nature.

"Joel presented severe discomfort late last night at his home in suburban Chicago," Blackhawks head team physician Michael Terry said in a statement. "He went to the emergency room and was admitted early this morning.

"He is currently in stable condition and is being treated for an undisclosed health concern today, not of cardiac nature. Further testing is ongoing and we will provide an update when possible."

Assistant coach Mike Haviland will fill in Wednesday night when the Hawks host the Minnesota Wild.

"We certainly wish Joel a speedy recovery and we will do everything possible to support him and his family throughout the process," general manager Stan Bowman said in a statement.