2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hawks managed to pull off a 3-1 win last night, but it wasn't without looking like s***. This team is so lazy when it comes to passes out of the zone, and they try to get way too fancy in front of the net vs just shooting the puck. Hossa had 5 shots on goal, but he should have had like 12. He's become Alexei Zhamnov-bad at passing the puck instead of shooting.

Either way, Corey Crawford, I was wrong. You're solid.

God damn we needed that! CC is just getting better and better every game. Nice to see us take a minor league goalie and turn him into a stud (so far). It's funny (and completely unimportant), I use Crawford a good amount in my NHL 11 franchise, and he was just tearing s*** up. I was thinking it was completely unrealistic, but now that he is dominating in real life, I am realizing that NHL 11 must be a prophecy. :0

Then again, CC has like a 0.68 GAA in 12-14 games right now in my franchise. lol.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
This is the time to go on a streak. We need points badly.

Especially with the next 4 games vs. teams right above you in the standings. Win these 4, then you can lose a game or two on the Eastern Conf trip after that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
I was happy to see him get the tip in at the end yesterday. Hopefully that gets him rolling again, as that would be HUGE>

I was just happy to see him back on the ice after he blocked the 8th consecutive shot from the Blues. He seemed to be in a lot of pain, and I figured he was hurt again. He is seriously the Carlos Quentin of the Hawks.