2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 28, 2011 -> 08:57 PM)
I hear Leddy has been playing really well, but I swear, every time I watch him, he makes a bunch of rookie mistakes.

I think he's been playing very well lately personally. The first two periods tonight were about as well as the Hawks have played all year in my opinion. The third period was maybe an example of the back to back games catching up with them (although the Hawks ALWAYS seem to have that one bad period even in games they win) but to their credit they held on to get the two points in regulation. Just keep winning and everything is fine.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
Stan on the SCORE this morning and I thought I heard him say the new D man was going to help on the penalty kill...I was only half listening though

I am guessing he will because they don't want Campbell on the kill as much, but the new guy's scouting report and history incident he really shouldn't be a penalty killer. But hopefully, he can help out.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
Sharks sign Niemi to 4 year, $15.2 mil deal. He was never gonna get a deal like that from the Hawks. Good for him. He has been on fire recently.

Oof, better them than us.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
Sharks sign Niemi to 4 year, $15.2 mil deal. He was never gonna get a deal like that from the Hawks. Good for him. He has been on fire recently.

Somehow I don't think the Hawks are shedding a tear over not having Niemi.

The NHL's Top Star of February.....Jonathan Toews

Toews led all scorers in February with 21 points (six goals, 15 assists) and posted a +13 rating as the Blackhawks (34-23-6) collected points in 10 of 13 games (8-3-2) and climbed to fifth place in the Western Conference. Toews tallied eight multiple-point games, beginning with a goal and two assists in a 7-4 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets Feb. 1. Three of his six goals were game-winners, Feb.1 (at Columbus), Feb. 21 (at St. Louis) and Feb. 28 (at Minnesota), and he closed the month on a season-high five-game point streak. Toews notched his 20th goal of the season in the victory at St. Louis, becoming just the fourth player in Blackhawks history to record 20-or-more goals in each of his first four NHL seasons. The reigning Conn Smythe Trophy winner ranks 11th in NHL scoring with 61 points (23 goals, 38 assists) in 61 games and is sixth among NHL centers in face-off winning percentage (57.4%).

2nd is Niemi

3rd is Johan Hendberg of the Devils

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Mar 1, 2011 -> 11:55 AM)
More Kaner pictures appear on Deadspin.

Deadspin Link

We get it Patrick, you're full of "winning."

Patrick Kane is drunk on the beverage "Patrick Kane."

This could be fun . . .

Yep, and now it is the point where he supposedly missing practices.