2010-2011 NHL thread

Can't f***ing stand the Canucks and their fans. How funny that Bieksa takes on Stalberg once Scott is out of the game. Also, how the hell is that not an instigator penalty?

Win game 5 and Luongo might shart himself having to play under pressure back at the UC.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 02:37 AM)
If only they could have broken through with that 1 extra goal in game 2 or 3 but I guess that's what will happen when you're the inferior team. I don't think this game alone will rattle Vancouver but if the Hawks can take game 5, some doubt might start to creep into their minds, going back to the UC, anything can happen in a game 7, yada yada yada.

Great post.

Winning game five would be awesome. I don't expect it, but after tonight, you got to believe a bit.

Now that was fun last night! Davey Bolland in the house!

Like others have said, I refuse to even think about a possible comeback unless they win game 5, which will be tough. If they can pull that out, get it back to a game 6 in Chicago, then I'll start entertaining the thought. Yesterday's butt kicking doesn't erase what the Canucks did in the 1st 3 games.

How about the Kings? Go up 4-0 at home & chase Niemi, then blow it and lose 6-5 in OT. Ouch.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)
Can't f***ing stand the Canucks and their fans. How funny that Bieksa takes on Stalberg once Scott is out of the game. Also, how the hell is that not an instigator penalty?

Win game 5 and Luongo might shart himself having to play under pressure back at the UC.

That's what I was saying...as soon as Scott is out...all of a sudden Vancouver gets chippy. It sucks because if Seabrook is back for game 5, I'd like to play without Scott, but I don't think they can afford to do it.

Great effort last night!

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
If only they could have broken through with that 1 extra goal in game 2 or 3 but I guess that's what will happen when you're the inferior team. I don't think this game alone will rattle Vancouver but if the Hawks can take game 5, some doubt might start to creep into their minds, going back to the UC, anything can happen in a game 7, yada yada yada.

I loved the fact that they did finally pour it on, and didn't just win 2-1, 3-2, or something unconvincing. I'm not saying they even make it to a game six, but it was nice to see a pulse tonight. That is the team we should have seen in game 3 at least.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 08:51 AM)
61019026-1.jpg

(caption this photo)

What's even funnier is the comments under this picture.

"Brave guy, with the glass between them, lets see if he has the guts to say it to the goalie's face, I doubt that, its the act of a coward."

"Hey Vimce, that picture alone will give the Roberto all he needs to kick Chicago @#$"

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl-wp3006

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 10:01 PM)

Worst fans in hockey. You would think an expansion team with no Cup wins would be a little less irritating.

And BTW, the Hawks didnt actually beat them last night, the refs did. The refs missed almost 50 calls against the Hawks in case you were wondering.

http://forum.canucks.com/forum/24-canucks-talk/

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 11:12 AM)
Worst fans in hockey. You would think an expansion team with no Cup wins would be a little less irritating.

And BTW, the Hawks didnt actually beat them last night, the refs did. The refs missed almost 50 calls against the Hawks in case you were wondering.

Its Vancouver, what else is there to do or talk about?

They were just as bad last year.

For my own sanity, I have to believe a lot of the stuff is kids. Hockey is their world....there are no other sports. As soon as a kid is old enough to say my dad is tougher than your dad....they are online talking about how their team is the bestest....yada yada yada. If the majority of these delusional posters are adults...the world is in trouble.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)
Legalized marijuana.

Seriously though, what other team in professional sports has a statue of a coach complaining about officiating?

Toronto Maple Leafs fans are cut from the same cloth. Every year before the season starts they have the best team, they deserve to win the Cup, then when they don't win the Cup, they should have won the Cup, and officiating and bad luck were responsible for it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 12:31 PM)
Toronto Maple Leafs fans are cut from the same cloth. Every year before the season starts they have the best team, they deserve to win the Cup, then when they don't win the Cup, they should have won the Cup, and officiating and bad luck were responsible for it.

Just ask Canucks fans who the fastest, toughest, most talented team is year in and year out.

Last year the Hawks were just a bunch of slow goons who miraculously beat them.

While we can mock Canucks (or other) fans all we want, and we should...the whole "this series is about USA vs Canada" is so meatball I can't even stand it. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure before game 3 when Honda was announcing please rise for the Canadian anthem, people were booing. I've also been at games and heard "canada sucks" and "usa, usa, usa" chants from some idiots.

Show some respect. More than that, the majority of players on the Hawks (and every team) are CANADIAN.

Note, I'm not saying anyone implied that in this thread, I've just seen it and heard it around.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
While we can mock Canucks (or other) fans all we want, and we should...the whole "this series is about USA vs Canada" is so meatball I can't even stand it. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure before game 3 when Honda was announcing please rise for the Canadian anthem, people were booing. I've also been at games and heard "canada sucks" and "usa, usa, usa" chants from some idiots.

Show some respect. More than that, the majority of players on the Hawks (and every team) are CANADIAN.

Note, I'm not saying anyone implied that in this thread, I've just seen it and heard it around.

It always made me laugh too. Of the 25 main Hawks on the team, 15 are Canadian, 6 are from Europe, and 4 are American. USA USA USA!!!

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)

Wow haven't really heard that anywhere...but I agree it's totally lame.

Not only are the majority of players Canadian, the majority of refs are. There are 20 refs for this years playoffs and 15 are Canadian. Are they conspiring against their own country?? I was googling to see which refs were Canadian and come across a ton of whiny articles, comments, and posts about NHL refs being against Canadian teams.

The Canadian teams always get the worst DAMN refs

Why do you think Bettman won't let another team go to another Canadian city?

Is it my imagination or are the NHL refs favoring the U.S. teams when they play Canadian teams?

Stop NHL Ref's from Screwing Canadian Teams is on Facebook

Why NHL refs are even lamer than the Canadian senate?

Should bettman go? and why does he hate Canada?

See how much the refs can screw a Canadian team in the playoffs