2010-2011 NHL thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:05 AM)
Refs handed the game to the Hawks with no offsides calls on Hossa. FYI

I don't understand why you are so obsessed with posters from other message boards. It's so simple to avoid what they are typing, and way more simple to not give a s***.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 12:52 AM)
Words cannot describe my disdain for Alain Vigneault and his group of f***ing goons in Vancouver. I even hate the Red Wings less. At least they have class. Torres, Bieksa, Edler, Kesler, Lapierre, Glass, Burrows, Raymond. Ugh. And don't even get me started on their fans.

I'd love nothing more than to come back from 3-0 to beat Vancouver and absolutely shatter the hopes and dreams of all of Vancouver for the third straight year.

Luongo starting game 6 in the UC. Keep it going.

Let's hope he doesn't finish it like the yesterday.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 09:23 AM)
I don't understand why you are so obsessed with posters from other message boards. It's so simple to avoid what they are typing, and way more simple to not give a s***.

Well reading opposing teams forums is always a fun thing to do. That being said, just by scrolling through theirs, it's the same as any other board, you're going to have some complete morons and you have your intelligent fans.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)

Because its funny and Canucks fans are stupid.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:08 AM)
Because its funny and Canucks fans are stupid.

There are plenty of stupid Blackhawks fans. Picking some dumb posts by idiots on another board is pointless and does not represent their fan base as a whole.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:19 AM)
There are plenty of stupid Blackhawks fans. Picking some dumb posts by idiots on another board is pointless and does not represent their fan base as a whole.

Then ignore my posts, I find it funny. And its a LARGE portion of their board, which is why its even funnier.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:20 AM)
Then ignore my posts, I find it funny. And its a LARGE portion of their board, which is why its even funnier.

Have you visited Pale Hose Talk recently? It's unbearable... and similar.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:23 AM)
Have you visited Pale Hose Talk recently? It's unbearable... and similar.

The difference with Canucks fans is its almost always something other than their team. Refs, Bettman, the other team cheating.

No other pro team has a statue of a coach complaining to the refs outside of their stadium like the Nucks do.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:35 AM)
The difference with Canucks fans is its almost always something other than their team. Refs, Bettman, the other team cheating.

No other pro team has a statue of a coach complaining to the refs outside of their stadium like the Nucks do.

Here's the quote from the Canucks President and General Manager at the statue dedication ceremony

“The white towel, waved by Roger, is representative of a united front and a tradition that is unique to Canucks fans."

haha...it sure is.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 11:55 PM)
It's at times of adversity that you see the true colors of people. We could very well be seeing the true colors of these Blackhawks right now. Obviously, they have the heart. Bolland coming back was an incredible boost, and the resurrections of Marian Hossa and Duncan Keith are simply orgasmic. They haven't even peaked yet. Toews and Kane are playing better, but still aren't quite there. Campbell has been contributing MUCH more on both ends of the ice. Leddy is growing into a legit d-man in front of our eyes. And Corey Crawford is just doing work.

Yeah. Not only do I want to see the Hawks win this series since it'd be an epic 3-0 comeback and would stick it to the Canucks, but also because the Hawks can beat anybody if they can do this. And while you're right about the Hawks showing their true colors and some of the elite guys stepping up, I don't think it's a coincidence at all that Dave Bolland comes back, and all of a sudden the Canucks can't score and are doing stupid s***. Dave Bolland is not only one of the best defensive fowards in hockey, he's one of the best pests in it.

Also, in referrence to another post earlier, I honestly don't even hate the Red Wings that much. I put them in the category of the Twins: A team I have a lot of respect for whom there is no real reason for me to hate other than they're really good and beat my team. I hate teams like the Blues, Canucks, and Pacers a lot more since they're just plain dirty.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 12:26 PM)
Yeah. Not only do I want to see the Hawks win this series since it'd be an epic 3-0 comeback and would stick it to the Canucks, but also because the Hawks can beat anybody if they can do this. And while you're right about the Hawks showing their true colors and some of the elite guys stepping up, I don't think it's a coincidence at all that Dave Bolland comes back, and all of a sudden the Canucks can't score and are doing stupid s***. Dave Bolland is not only one of the best defensive fowards in hockey, he's one of the best pests in it.

Also, in referrence to another post earlier, I honestly don't even hate the Red Wings that much. I put them in the category of the Twins: A team I have a lot of respect for whom there is no real reason for me to hate other than they're really good and beat my team. I hate teams like the Blues, Canucks, and Pacers a lot more since they're just plain dirty.

I agree 100% on your last point. Any hatred towards the Wings at least in my lifetime is because they have been the poster child for success. The Blues, Canucks and even Flyers I hate because of the way they play and especially their fans.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 12:26 PM)

I agree. I dont like the Wings cause Detroit sucks and I just always have rooted against them. But if the Canucks pull out this series and face Detroit in the conf. finals, I would be rooting for Detroit to sweep those bastards.

I'm starting to think this is all mental, playing hard, hard, hard, as well as the return of Bolly, of course.

The problem is when you are down 3-0 and trying to come all the way back, can we keep the all-out intensity the next game(s)?

This is what makes sports so exciting ... the possibility of coming back and winning this thing.

Can we win this home game and bring it to Game Seven??

People on this thread seem more reasonable than the Sox boards, so tell me ... do you expect us to lose Game Six or win again??

I'm thinking Canucks win 4-1, with one goal an empty netter as we desperately try to prolong the series by pulling goalie with 2 mins left.

Here's the thing...the series is 3-2 Vancouver, and there are two games left. Doesn't really matter how it got there, someone was going to be up 3-2 after 5 anyway. We're not trying to win 4 games anymore, just 2. Nothing that has happened in games 1-5 really matters anymore, all that matters is what happens for 60 (or more) minutes Sunday.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 10:40 PM)
Here's the thing...the series is 3-2 Vancouver, and there are two games left. Doesn't really matter how it got there, someone was going to be up 3-2 after 5 anyway. We're not trying to win 4 games anymore, just 2. Nothing that has happened in games 1-5 really matters anymore, all that matters is what happens for 60 (or more) minutes Sunday.

Save that Luongo injury that may or may not have happened!

Game Five was a thing of beauty.

The Hawks just jumped them like a robber in a dark alley.

It's rare a team can keep that up facing elimination three games in a row against a No. 1 seed. If the Hawks pull it off and force a Game 7, wow.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:02 PM)
Save that Luongo injury that may or may not have happened!

Luongo claimed that his back was cramping up but I think his p**** just hurt from the Hawks onslaught.

For all you hockey fans, the Nashville/Anaheim series is fun watching. Bobby Ryan just had a sick goal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 23, 2011 -> 12:17 AM)
For all you hockey fans, the Nashville/Anaheim series is fun watching. Bobby Ryan just had a sick goal.

There has been some incredible games the past couple of nights.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 11:40 PM)
There has been some incredible games the past couple of nights.

As soon as I had said that, Nashville tied it up and sent it to OT. When the season ended, these were the two teams I was rooting for the most (other than Hossas crew) and of course they had to play each other.