2010-2011 NHL thread

http://deadspin.com/5800796/patrick-kanes-...ome-from-a-club

New Patrick Kane news. For once I won't bash the guy, but rather the girl. So what you slept with Patrick Kane? You don't need to go through his s*** and take a picture of him sleeping. But how stuff comes full circle, her name is now out there and she will never live this one down. Nice one dumbass. I actually feel bad for Kane in this instance; he did nothing wrong and people are gonna trash him over it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, that story makes me kinda laugh, but it is a bit creepy. Poor Kaner.

I am still amazed as to how naive and stupid people are when it comes it posting stuff on the internet, not thinking that it will get around and tons of people will see it and get back to you.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
The Thrashers? I figured it would be Phoenix moving.

I believe the city of Glendale agreed to pay the NHL $25 million to keep them there one more year while they continue to try to sell the team. I believe the money is supposed to cover arena operating costs.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)
Paging Patrick Marleau

Found these stats interesting:

Marleau has 1PT(an assist) in 15 career game 6 and 7's. In 3 gold medal games with CAN, he has 0PTS, 2010-OLY, 2005 and 2003 WC.

On the other side of the coin, since he's been in the league only Sakic (51) and Zetterberg (48) have more playoff goals than Marleau (47).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
I believe the city of Glendale agreed to pay the NHL $25 million to keep them there one more year while they continue to try to sell the team. I believe the money is supposed to cover arena operating costs.

It makes sense I guess. Atlanta was just a terrible place for a hockey team. That pretty much goes for the entire southeastern US. I don't know how teams like Nashville, Florida, Tampa Bay, and Carolina hold on.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
Atlanta is relocating to Winnipeg, it's official.

Good news. I think they need to try to get more back teams back into Canada. And I still wonder why there is no attempt to put a team in Wisconsin.

I realize why they tried to expand to the southern part of the US, but I think they got a little over-zealous with the attempts. Teamss like Nashville & Carolina seem to be thriving, but Atlanta & Miami already have crappy support for their basketball & baseball teams. Why would that change with hockey??

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:40 PM)
Good news. I think they need to try to get more back teams back into Canada. And I still wonder why there is no attempt to put a team in Wisconsin.

I realize why they tried to expand to the southern part of the US, but I think they got a little over-zealous with the attempts. Teamss like Nashville & Carolina seem to be thriving, but Atlanta & Miami already have crappy support for their basketball & baseball teams. Why would that change with hockey??

Seattle or Portland should get a team before any other market in the US gets one (outside of maybe Hartford).

And from what i've heard Nashville might be in trouble actually.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 12, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
And from what i've heard Nashville might be in trouble actually.

Really? Everything I have heard is that Nashville is as stable as can be, especially with their recent success. They might not be able to afford to keep all of their top players like Weber, Suter, & Rinne, but that doesn't mean the franchise is in any trouble.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:52 PM)
I am not commenting...I have extremely reliable sources directly involved in this.

Good for Winnipeg. Was sad to see them leave in the first place. Would love for Hartford and Quebec City get teams again too.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:58 PM)
The Thrashers (I hope the name changes) heading to Winnipeg is extraordinary news. The more Canadian teams the better!

They will absolutely change their name to the Jets. I would bet almost anything on that.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
They will absolutely change their name to the Jets. I would bet almost anything on that.

Epic.

Maybe they can take Bobby Hull away for their marketing efforts again. I'm tired of listening to that old man give interviews.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2011 -> 11:51 AM)
Really? Everything I have heard is that Nashville is as stable as can be, especially with their recent success. They might not be able to afford to keep all of their top players like Weber, Suter, & Rinne, but that doesn't mean the franchise is in any trouble.

I know they were in big trouble a couple of years back.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2011 -> 01:19 PM)
You might see Detroit move to the East and Minnesota move to the central, or something along those lines.

I know Detroit has wanted to move to the East for a while but I don't see how they do that. Northeast and Atlantic divisions are pretty set and you can't put them in the SE.

Closest teams to SE would be Nashville, St Louis or Dallas. Nashville might make most sense and you can move Minnesota into the Central. Even moving Dallas though would let you shift Colorado or Vancouver to Pacific and Winnipeg into Northwest.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
You might see Detroit move to the East and Minnesota move to the central, or something along those lines.

That would suck if they split up Chicago & Detroit. I'd prefer they move a team like Columbus that doesn't really have any rivals anyway.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:51 PM)

I guess I could have heard it wrong but I swore I read within the past week that even with their playoff run they were in big financial trouble. If not at the moment, it was coming down the line real soon.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:00 PM)
Good for Winnipeg. Was sad to see them leave in the first place. Would love for Hartford and Quebec City get teams again too.

Canadian teams are a lot more sustainable with the dollar where it is now. They were having big problems with taking in money in the much cheaper Canadian dollar and paying in US dollars years back when it was about 3:2. Now that it is pretty close to parody, this isn't as big of a deal.