2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know the season is only 3 games old, but that was a big f***ing win for the Hawks last night. To give up two goals in the first 3 minutes, rookie goalie in net, facing a 5-minute penalty kill, your #3 defenseman out with a game misconduct, oh, and the best goalie in the world in net for the opponent. Way to fight back and get the W.

Marian Hossa is on a God damn mission. He legitimately looks like a top 5 player in the game right now after actually having an offseason without rehab.

That Hjalmarsson game misconduct was bulls***.

In the end, Crawford looks like a serviceable backup, and that was a nice win to take us to 1-1-1.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 08:38 AM)
Marian Hossa is on a God damn mission. He legitimately looks like a top 5 player in the game right now after actually having an offseason without rehab.

In the end, Crawford looks like a serviceable backup, and that was a nice win to take us to 1-1-1.

Hammer will prob be suspended and fined for that hit. Not sure I agree with that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 08:38 AM)

It is amazing that with both Toews and Kane on the roster, Hossa is probably the best player on that team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 08:50 AM)
Hammer will prob be suspended and fined for that hit. Not sure I agree with that.

He doesn't have a history of trouble, so hopefully he only gets one game, but yeah that was more bad luck/timing then trying to hurt somebody.

After Boynton got one game for this throat slash gesture, I wonder how many our old friend Wisniewski will get for this move.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 12, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
He doesn't have a history of trouble, so hopefully he only gets one game, but yeah that was more bad luck/timing then trying to hurt somebody.

After Boynton got one game for this throat slash gesture, I wonder how many our old friend Wisniewski will get for this move.

He may get a bonus for doing it to Avery.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
The early-season over-reactions like this are hilarious.
It's not an over-reaction, Keith and Seabrook are racking up minutes because we have no defensemen... thus, "long season."

In no way did I mean it's going to be a long, losing, and terrible season. I think we just define that phrase differently...

QUOTE (WsoxKillCubs @ Oct 13, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
It's not an over-reaction, Keith and Seabrook are racking up minutes because we have no defensemen... thus, "long season."

In no way did I mean it's going to be a long, losing, and terrible season. I think we just define that phrase differently...

I think you define that phrase differently then pretty much anyone.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
Can Hossa, Toews and Kopecky play every minute? Kaner is getting exposed for his defense big time his year, no Toews to pick up the slack.

Together? On the same line?? God, I hope not! I want Kopecky on the 4th line where he belongs.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Oct 14, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
Can Hossa, Toews and Kopecky play every minute? Kaner is getting exposed for his defense big time his year, no Toews to pick up the slack.

Dear Lord, what have you seen out of Kopecky that makes you want more?