2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Oct 15, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
Thank god Columbus is so terrible. Great win for the Hawks. I'm sure Krush, Steve, Tony, Critic, 2k5, Row, Rock, etc.. loved seeing Jassen Cullimore out there. ;)

I don't know what other choice the Hawks had other than having Cullimore out there, though.

Seems like all the "almost-ready" IcePigs are forwards. Maybe Lalonde could come up for a game or two?

As you said, good thing the Jackets are bad.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 10:10 AM)
The Hawks looked much better with Cullimore out there instead of Scott. And that doesnt say much. Hopefully Leddy continues to develop

John Scott is terrible. He should only be out there if you need someone punched in the face.

So he may be needed tonight.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Oct 16, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
John Scott is terrible. He should only be out there if you need someone punched in the face.

So he may be needed tonight.

Can't believe they actually gave him a 2 year deal as well.

Suppose Bowden loves his bigger players though.

Some really bad miscommunication going on between Turco on the defense. An almost goal, and now a goal based on something that shouldn't happen. Turco gives up the puck behind the goal and is waiting for a defenseman to claim it. However they dont and the Sabers pretty much have a clear set from the back of the net. Stupid play right now.

That was a nice win. Sharp has been very good the last 2 games. Funny seeing him and Kopecky embrace each other after his goal. Just two years ago, they didn't like each other. Came full circle after the Cup and such.

Turco was outstanding.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
Sharpie and Hossa have been decent so far this season...

They have both been amazing, carrying the team. Turco has also been really good (although the first goal he gave up tonight was horrid). I think as good as Hossa was last year, it seems like maybe that shoulder was bothering him all along because he's on a different level this season.

Also, John Scott is HORRIBLE. Absolute waste of roster space. He's the one that needs to be in Rockford, not Leddy. I'm hoping the only reason he's around and active right now is because of the stretch of schedule (revenge game for Buffalo Saturday, two games against the dirty Blues this week, Canucks Wednesday). He should either be getting scratched or headed up I-90, and I hope it happens soon.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
It is so satisfying to see the premiere talent of Marian Hossa at his greatest. He is a top 5 player in hockey, easily.

Even when he wasn't scoring in the playoffs, he was still controlling the game with his puck possession and passing.

To keep those elements and start putting pucks in the net again.....well.....it's just a beautiful, beautiful thing to watch.

He's been a monster so far this year, and it's just great to see!

Cristobal Huet: I'd rather be in the NHL

Great game last night vs. VAN. Turco made a couple questionable decisions, but overall played pretty damn well (besides the shootout). Luongo actually had a great game too, until he let the last two shootout pucks slide just under his pads. Thats 4 wins in a row, good to see.

Huet got the shaft big time. In the NHL, you can't renegotiate contracts so he couldn't have given money back stay with the Hawks or go to another NHL team for less. If you really look at it, the Hawks really just screwed him big time. Kinda feel bad for him. Yeah, I know he is making a ton of money, but still the principles involved here are preyty bush.