2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 10:41 PM)
Well if nothing else is true, Roberto Luongo is the Blackhawks b****.

That's for sure. Typical 2010-11 week for the Hawks. 5-0 & 7-1 blowouts sandwiched around getting their ass kicked 7-2 by the 2nd worst team in the West. Still can't get a consistent streak going. And why the f*** do they still have 4-5 more games played than the entire division.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 26, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
Nice win for the Hawks today... Crawford is quietly making some inroads at Turcos job right now.

I was no fan of Crawford's coming into the season but now I'm happy every time I see him in goal rather than Turco.

I hope next offseason the Hawks can find someone better than either of them, though.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Nov 29, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)
Boynton collided with Hossa today at practice. Hossa needed help and was taken to the locker room. I hate Boynton...

Jesus.. when he isn't turning the puck over, he's still hurting the team. (literally)

And Hossa is quickly approaching Carlos Quentin-type status (injury prone) in a Hawks uni.

Although further details are still forthcoming, this is still troubling news for Hossa who, according to Comcast SportsNet's Brian Ballantine, has already missed as much playing time in just over a season with the Blackhawks than he did in his previous nine seasons. Injuries have cost Hossa 30 games with the 'Hawks, with a mysterious "upper body injury" being the main culprit so far this year.
Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Nov 30, 2010 -> 02:23 AM)
Jesus.. when he isn't turning the puck over, he's still hurting the team. (literally)

And Hossa is quickly approaching Carlos Quentin-type status (injury prone) in a Hawks uni.

To be fair, the first injury we knew about when we signed him, which took up almost all of those games.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Nov 30, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
I'm not watching, but from what everyones posting on twitter, the 1st St. Louis goal was on Boynton.

Multiple goals were on Boynton. Probably the most hated person in Chicago right now.

If this season couldn't get any worse with injuries (and poor play) Patrick Kane went awkwardly into the boards and his left leg bent a way a leg should not bend. He couldn't put any weight on it and was helped off the ice... Didn't look too good, hopefully it isn't serious.

Edited by J.Reedfan8