2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 10:48 AM)
Even better.

But yeah, there are problems with the tail end of the lineup, but if they don't figure it out at the top, they aren't going anywhere.

They need to make some hay with all these home games this month - 6 left, only 2 road. If they are still at the same spot going into February, it's going to be a large hill to climb.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 7, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
But yeah, there are problems with the tail end of the lineup, but if they don't figure it out at the top, they aren't going anywhere.

They need to make some hay with all these home games this month - 6 left, only 2 road. If they are still at the same spot going into February, it's going to be a large hill to climb.

Yeah, we really need our big boys to do some damn heavy lifting. Toews and Sharp are the only ones playing remotely well.

The question is with Crawford do you attempt to re-sign him now, or do you risk another Niemi situation happening?

I think if you can get him locked up on a multiyear deal for anything under than $2M a season, you pull the trigger.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
The question is with Crawford do you attempt to re-sign him now, or do you risk another Niemi situation happening?

I think if you can get him locked up on a multiyear deal for anything under than $2M a season, you pull the trigger.

It would all depend on what the cap space looks like going forward. If we have more disaster impending, I don't now if you can.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)

The Niemi situation proved that paying some goaltenders is a bad idea.

Crawford, I think we need to see more, though he's been exceptional this season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 13, 2011 -> 10:15 AM)
The Niemi situation proved that paying some goaltenders is a bad idea.

Crawford, I think we need to see more, though he's been exceptional this season.

It also makes you wonder if it is the goaltender, or the system, when it comes to Coach Q.