2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 08:07 AM)
That is HUGE right now. If he is out an extended period of time, this team is done.

Done in the playoffs, yes. But done in the regular season, no. But it's not good, but they should still have enough to make the playoffs.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
Done in the playoffs, yes. But done in the regular season, no. But it's not good, but they should still have enough to make the playoffs.

We are only a few points from being home from the playoffs. Something like Sharp could very well make the difference.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 21, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
Matt Cooke meeting with the NHL this afternoon. Hopefully they suspend that piece of crap for the rest of the regular season.

You got your wish and then some, suspended through the 1st round of the playoffs.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 12:07 AM)
Rusty Klesla is a f***ing menace. Dude is a miserable hockey player. This is the second time he went knee to knee with one of our guys (Ruutu in 06).

I hate him.

I remember the Ruutu one, you're probably one of the few that do. That was awful.

This one wasn't cheap, so it's hard to be mad at him, though I did think "really, him again?" when I realized it was him.

Still nothing on Sharpie, but prospect Marcus Kruger is coming over from Sweden for the last ten games and playoffs. Kid is supposed to be pretty good, could have started the season on the roster. Probably means bad news for Bolland or Sharp.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 09:29 AM)
Still nothing on Sharpie, but prospect Marcus Kruger is coming over from Sweden for the last ten games and playoffs. Kid is supposed to be pretty good, could have started the season on the roster. Probably means bad news for Bolland or Sharp.

F*CK, that clearly means bad news for Sharp. He's probably done.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 09:58 AM)
F*CK, that clearly means bad news for Sharp. He's probably done.

Take it FWIW, but this is Jesse Rogers comment on it. Of course, we will find out the truth later today I'm sure.

@ESPNChiHawks For those asking. This is a statement on Bolland more than sharp. Center is CRUCIAL. Kruger NHL ready compared to rockford centers

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 22, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
Take it FWIW, but this is Jesse Rogers comment on it. Of course, we will find out the truth later today I'm sure.

@ESPNChiHawks For those asking. This is a statement on Bolland more than sharp. Center is CRUCIAL. Kruger NHL ready compared to rockford centers

That would be much better.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 08:42 AM)
Solid W last night. HUGE game Sat night!!

The Kruger kid didn't look bad. Hopefully he gets a bit more comfortable. He needs to be a serviceable option if the Hawks are going to advance.

Someone has to teach him out to take a faceoff in the NHL. How many times did he get kicked out of the dot?

Finally the Hawks paired Duncan and Seabs together again. Why change what brought you a Stanley Cup? Get Campbell back with Hammer, and let Leddy/Campoli be the third group. Also love having Kaner and Toews play together, they are just so good with each other, again making me wonder why Q f***s with the lines so much.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 24, 2011 -> 02:40 PM)
Finally the Hawks paired Duncan and Seabs together again. Why change what brought you a Stanley Cup?

Because they were playing like crap together all season and we reeled off 8 straight wins when they changed it up?