2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawks blow a great opportunity and now it's 3-1. That about ends this game.

There some great rebound chances to open nets and it just didn't look anyone wanted to get to the damn puck.

A sloppy goal like that at the end of the period ... that's it.

Vanc. will not blow a two goal lead at home in the final period.

We'll have to score very early if we want to make it interesting.

Well I'm glad the Hawks are giving guys like Smith and Kruger some play here. Clearly they are the future and will be on this team next year. And with Bickell's injury (though it might have been a cut) the Hawks continue to bite the injury bug. Even with Bolland, I don't see the Hawks comming out of this but it's very beneficial to see the young guys (Leddy, Kruger, Smith, Frolik, etc.) get some playoff exposure. Get some grit for the bottom 6 next season (can we please have Ladd back Atlanta?) and they're in business.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 01:46 AM)
Duncan Keith = bad

Brent Seabrook = bad.

On the bright side, this Ben Smith (possibly a more generic name in sports?) is growing on me. I like his hustle.

This team just doesn't have the passion or toughness needed to win in the postseason. Talent wise, they still have it. Intangible wise, they don't. This team misses its depth so much, and all the guys they lost last year brought that fire, passion and toughness factor that is nowhere to be seen this year.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 09:45 AM)
I really wonder if Kane is a scapegoat in all of this and moved for salary reasons.

Probably not, but the Hawks have a s*** load of bad contracts. I would say only Toews really deserves what he was given by the Hawks. Kane is a one-dimensional player. Hossa can't stay healthy. Campbell is solid, but just not worth a max deal. Keith regressed a ton this year, but still plays a ton of minutes (not really angry about this one) and Seabrook's new deal will look bad too.

Campbell is solid, but just not worth a max deal.

I agree.

Last night was a weird game. The Hawks had some nice goals, but the Canucks would immediately score again to get the 2 goal cushion.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)
Anyone think that all of the minutes/games logged last year between the Olympics and cup run have finally caught up to guys like Kane, Toews, Keith, Seabs and Hossa?

Some of them looked gassed out there in the third last night.

Oh yeah there is no doubt. Those guys have played a s*** load of hockey (competitive, 110% effort) in the past year. I wouldn't be surprised at all. Toews really hasn't showed, but everyone else certainly has taken a step back. And remember, too, they went to the Conference Finals the year before the Stanley Cup. It does add up and the Hawks had no depth this year to give these guys a break.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
Oh yeah there is no doubt. Those guys have played a s*** load of hockey (competitive, 110% effort) in the past year. I wouldn't be surprised at all. Toews really hasn't showed, but everyone else certainly has taken a step back. And remember, too, they went to the Conference Finals the year before the Stanley Cup. It does add up and the Hawks had no depth this year to give these guys a break.

I was thinking about that.

Do you think that is a factor?

I couldn't believe how short the offseason was after the Hawks won it all.

Man, it was back on the ice in September, right?

That's crazy.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
This would be a HUGE mistake and it ain't gonna happen. Kane is the real deal and is only going to get better.

This. He may not be an all-around player like Toews and may be a d-bag off the ice, but you don't find talent like him very easily. He averages over a point a game and has offensive skills that very few in the game do. $6.3 million is a big number, but that's how much any player like him costs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 11:59 PM)
This. He may not be an all-around player like Toews and may be 22 years old, but you don't find talent like him very easily. He averages over a point a game and has offensive skills that very few in the game do. $6.3 million is a big number, but that's how much any player like him costs.

Fixed your post.