2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 10:59 PM)
This. He may not be an all-around player like Toews and may be a d-bag off the ice, but you don't find talent like him very easily. He averages over a point a game and has offensive skills that very few in the game do. $6.3 million is a big number, but that's how much any player like him costs.

I am definitely not in love with Kane like many, but yeah, you still can't trade his ass yet. I do seriously worry that he is complacent and doesn't have the work ethic to get better. But talent wise, he is in an elite category. If we sit here next year and he still isn't improving, then I might consider a trade involving him, but not yet. It just is worrisome that he doesn't seem to be improving and putting in the necessary hours during the off-season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
Yeah... that was just weird.

Why, he called him a d-bag off the ice...JoeCool just changed it to 22 yr old. I agree...Kane is just young having fun. He isn't a bad kid. The dude is IMO the best offensive player on this team. Game in and game out he creates more scoring chances than anyone on the team. He could easily have 15 more assists this year if some players could just bang home the gifts he creates. It's like playing with Stockton or Kidd. They find a way to get you a scoring opportunity that you're not ready for because you don't have the same vision...hence you lose the ball/puck & miss the shot. He is truly unique. He could shoot more, but more often than not, he is drawing 2 guys to him and passing is the best move. He is the guy that creates the play...not the guy that just waits for the pass to bang it home. He needs to be better on defense, but his back checking is vastly improved as is his ability to steal the puck.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 12:03 PM)
you can be 22, have fun, and not be a d-bag, it is possible. But whatever.

The word is that Bickell is a healthy scratch tonight, to be replaced by John Scott.

Friends of mine know Bickell and his girlfriend. Apparently he has tendon damage in his forearm. He will need surgery and it can only be put off a week at most based on what they were told. I'm guessing that he is probably done for the post season.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 11:59 AM)
Yeah... that was just weird.

Lol, how is it weird that I don't think the behavior of a 20-22 year old is just him being a 20-22 year old and not being a d-bag? Just like Controlled Chaos said, if you expect all 22-year-olds to act like Toews, you are going to be rudely disappointed. Toews is the exception, not the rule. You guys need to lighten up I guess.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

You guys are ridiculous for trying to excuse the actions of Kane and chalking it up to "being young." Kane is the exception, not the rule. The rest of the young NHL isn't drunk and in trouble all the time.

Bet people said the same s*** about Theo Fleury.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:00 PM)
You guys are ridiculous for trying to excuse the actions of Kane and chalking it up to "being young." Kane is the exception, not the rule. The rest of the young NHL isn't drunk and in trouble all the time.

Bet people said the same s*** about Theo Fleury.

He's drunk and in trouble all the time? I know he's been wasted on occasion and he has been shown at a lot of bars partying, but with the exception of 1 incident, he's been fine. When I was 22, I took off Mon & Wed and that's it. Had a good time and was able to function fine the next day. Now not so much, but now I may go out once a month.

Kane is fine.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
He's drunk and in trouble all the time? I know he's been wasted on occasion and he has been shown at a lot of bars partying, but with the exception of 1 incident, he's been fine. When I was 22, I took off Mon & Wed and that's it. Had a good time and was able to function fine the next day. Now not so much, but now I may go out once a month.

Kane is fine.

I'm sorry, but what roster were you on?

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 10:22 PM)
No goals in this series from Kane, Toews or Hossa. Toews had 1 point in his last 9 games coming in to tonight.

Doesn't help when Kane is missing open nets. And Hossa is moving real slow.