2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought almost all year this was a mediocre team that never could overcome it's losses from last year, and had a group of core players tired from the regular season, playoffs, and in some cases olympics last year. Now, I wonder if maybe I was wrong, and they were merely a sleeping giant with a Cup hangover that lasted 85 games. We'll see in the coming days, I suppose. It's clear they're back in the Canucks head. The Hawks would be best suited to stay there.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Words cannot describe my disdain for Alain Vigneault and his group of f***ing goons in Vancouver. I even hate the Red Wings less. At least they have class. Torres, Bieksa, Edler, Kesler, Lapierre, Glass, Burrows, Raymond. Ugh. And don't even get me started on their fans.

I'd love nothing more than to come back from 3-0 to beat Vancouver and absolutely shatter the hopes and dreams of all of Vancouver for the third straight year.

Luongo starting game 6 in the UC. Keep it going.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 12:47 AM)
I've thought almost all year this was a mediocre team that never could overcome it's losses from last year, and had a group of core players tired from the regular season, playoffs, and in some cases olympics last year. Now, I wonder if maybe I was wrong, and they were merely a sleeping giant with a Cup hangover that lasted 85 games. We'll see in the coming days, I suppose. It's clear they're back in the Canucks head. The Hawks would be best suited to stay there.

It's at times of adversity that you see the true colors of people. We could very well be seeing the true colors of these Blackhawks right now. Obviously, they have the heart. Bolland coming back was an incredible boost, and the resurrections of Marian Hossa and Duncan Keith are simply orgasmic. They haven't even peaked yet. Toews and Kane are playing better, but still aren't quite there. Campbell has been contributing MUCH more on both ends of the ice. Leddy is growing into a legit d-man in front of our eyes. And Corey Crawford is just doing work.

QUOTE (Nokona @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 02:09 AM)
I happened to miss what made Bolly get the game misconduct. What caused him to get so angry?

Didn't see the game, but judging by the highlights, Torres hit him in the head when he was by the boards. He just came back from a concussion so you know he was pissed. I honestly think that no suspension changed this whole series around (well.. that and Bolland returning). It's not over yet, but the Hawks are playing with an edge to their game.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Nokona @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 02:09 AM)
I happened to miss what made Bolly get the game misconduct. What caused him to get so angry?

He only got a unsportsmanlike conduct for whacking his stick on the boards and yelling at the ref. 2 min.

He was understandably pissed. Here was the hit Hamuis hit to his head. He was kind of pushing his head into the glass with is arm. If you want to see the video, it's at the 1:31 mark.

281907466.jpg

This game easily could have been 9-0 if not for some great stops by luongo and schneider. Sharp 2 breakaways. Toews I think had a couple. And the Hawks laid back offensively in the 3rd. If I'm upset about anything it's that...this was the game where Scott could've dished out some payback and he didn't. Still an uphill battle, but this is the series I was hoping for when I thought Bolland would be back. Obviously, I didn't expect this offensive onslaught, but I expected better games on both sides. I have no doubt if Bolly was back for any of the 1st three, the Hawks would have won at least one of them. Anyway, Canucks have a couple of days to let it fester...They'll be ready Sunday, but if the Hawks can deliver the first blow, it's on!

Edited by Controlled Chaos