2010-2011 NHL thread

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 11:25 AM)
Game 6 was the stress test. This one...piece of cake. Hawks 5 - Cucks 2...Bobby Lu crying at his locker again. :unsure:

Canucks

Nucks

Canuckleheads

Those are the only 3 recognized terms for the Nucks.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
If not, who is in? Krueger back?

@ESPNChiHawks Jesse Rogers

Q: kopy out. Looks like pisani and Kruger in

Scott could remain in in which case either pisani or Kruger would stay out

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 01:36 PM)
Yes, that game was solid. Not quite as epic as game 3 of that series, but good nonetheless.

Playoff hockey is the best theater in sports, the end.

Game 7 OTs, especially. Nothing in sports can top that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 07:50 PM)
The only thing I have seen that compares is a World Cup shootout.

ugh, those are so cheap, sudden death in hockey they are at least playing the real game. I'd say walk offs in baseball for game 7's are the only thing close but that has not happened much.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 02:27 PM)
@ESPNChiHawks Jesse Rogers

Q: kopy out. Looks like pisani and Kruger in

Scott could remain in in which case either pisani or Kruger would stay out

I think he serves a purpose in games 1-6, not so sure about a game 7. Everything is on the line here....if the nucks ;) are going to take liberties, they are going to do it with or without Scott in the lineup. I'll be happy to keep him off the ice. He scares the hell out of me with the puck.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 02:50 PM)
The only thing I have seen that compares is a World Cup shootout.

The problem is that shootouts in soccer aren't a part of the game, so it's really not even close. In sudden death hockey, you're playing the exact same game (which is why a shootout in the regular season sucks, but why it will be implemented for the playoffs. Ever.)

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 03:45 PM)
The problem is that shootouts in soccer aren't a part of the game, so it's really not even close. In sudden death hockey, you're playing the exact same game (which is why a shootout in the regular season sucks, but why it will be implemented for the playoffs. Ever.)

I assume you mean won't, right?

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 04:38 PM)
I think he serves a purpose in games 1-6, not so sure about a game 7. Everything is on the line here....if the nucks ;) are going to take liberties, they are going to do it with or without Scott in the lineup. I'll be happy to keep him off the ice. He scares the hell out of me with the puck.

He does scare the hell out of me when he has the puck, but I like the fear he puts in Canucks players not to get away with too much physical activity, and with how Seabrook played last game, I wouldn't mind Scott getting a couple extra shifts.