2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)
I assume the Canucks are going to come out guns blazing to start, the Hawks have to withstand the surge. You can feel how tense it is when the Canucks are on defense, its only going to get worse.

And forecheck like a motherf***er. Pressure.

What f***ing heart. What a f***ing drive. That is your f***ing captain. Holy f***.

As far as OT is concerned, 2 general rules:

1) No shot is a bad shot.

2) You almost never move the puck backwards in the neutral zone or your defensive zone. Everything is going toward their end.

My only concern is we played basically 2 lines the last 15 minutes of the period, not going to have legs very long especially playing 2, sometimes 3 lines in OT. Need to end it early. These things usually end in the first 10 minutes of OT. After that it usually goes to another OT unless a mistake/slop creates a goal because no one has any legs to create themselves.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 04:42 AM)
I assume the Canucks are going to come out guns blazing to start, the Hawks have to withstand the surge. You can feel how tense it is when the Canucks are on defense, its only going to get worse.

Thing is, does it have to be that way?

We need to attack and if we give up an easy goal, so be it.

Right?

If we let Vancover regain the edge, we're cooked I would think.

To score a shorthanded goal to tie it, to have the crowd be stunned ... I'm thinking we HAVE to be on the attack to start the OT.

Put them out of their misery.

I've been wrong before many times, however.

We need Badger to say something that comes true again.