2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unreal forecheck in the OT for the canucks...we had at least 5 times to clear the puck in the final 2 minutes and the canucks were able to maintain pressure....finally bit em in the ass. Vancouver was undoubtedly the more talented team...too bad the hawks couldnt pull that out their ass

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:10 AM)
Would have been nice to win but the better team clearly won.

Cory Crawford almost won that game and if it wasn't for a another horses*** give away, he may have.

Next year we need to tighten up the D and work on the passing a bit.

Horrible turnover. Poor Crawford didn't have a chance on the shot.

Great great great game is all I can say. Excellent compelling hockey game.

I didn't like our chances in a low scoring game, which they say most Game 7s are.

Too emotional for the home team ... yet the hawks still almost did it. Had a good scoring chance in OT.

Oh well, that season is OVA.

Bulls taking care of business; Sox need to start playing like their payroll and taking it one game at a time for a change, considering Sox can't win games in their own division.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)
Their reaction, fans, coaches, and players. You think they were about to hoist silverware.

They won in OT in a game 7 of a playoff series. How the hell does anyone expect them to react? Especially after beating their nemesis the last few years.

Great effort by the Hawks...I feel badly for you guys who are big fans of the team. Hopefully the Bulls and Sox will provide some distraction over the course of the rest of the playoffs.

I am uncharacteristically sour after that one. The game wax clearly influenced by pre game comments on officiating, and we had a goal blown off for absolutely no good reason.

I do leave feeling better about the end of our season, but its unfortunate that inaccurate pre game comments led to the poor officiating we saw this evening.

Go Hawks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 12:34 AM)
I am uncharacteristically sour after that one. The game wax clearly influenced by pre game comments on officiating, and we had a goal blown off for absolutely no good reason.

I do leave feeling better about the end of our season, but its unfortunate that inaccurate pre game comments led to the poor officiating we saw this evening.

Go Hawks.

I think most of that was due to it being a game 7 more so than the pregame comments...but I feel your pain...tomorrow is another day, Stevo...tonight, is bitter.