2010-2011 NHL thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 02:02 PM)
It would have been much easier to do that if they hadn't signed him to an extension a few months ago.

Some team may be looking for a physical "top pairing" type D man to anchor their blue line.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I think Seabs is a solid d man and the only one we have with any toughness. He can move the puck with one hand while knocking someone on their ass with the other. He had a bad stretch here, but he'll bounce back. The only concern I have are his concussions. Dude has been knocked around silly this year...so if that's the main idea behind moving him...then I think it's a valid concern.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 02:12 PM)
Some team may be looking for a physical "top pairing" type D man to anchor their blue line.

True, but it's much harder to find a team like that when has a $5.8M cap number for the next 5 seasons.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
I guess I'm in the minority here. I think Seabs is a solid d man and the only one we have with any toughness. He can move the puck with one hand while knocking someone on their ass with the other. He had a bad stretch here, but he'll bounce back. The only concern I have are his concussions. Dude has been knocked around silly this year...so if that's the main idea behind moving him...then I think it's a valid concern.

The way he was playing the last couple of games tells me he was still injured.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 02:37 PM)
True, but it's much harder to find a team like that when has a $5.8M cap number for the next 5 seasons.

Maybe, I mean Campbell was signed when the team felt they had a hole to fill on the top D pairing, so there are teams out there that will splurge.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 05:25 PM)
You move Seabrook, and the small glimpse of toughness you had on your blueline is now gone, let alone on the team. While the opposition doesn't ever fear that Seabrook is on the ice, he brings a physical presence to a team that is SEVERELY lacking in that department.

I've always thought Seabrook was a little overrated(certainly not an Olympic caliber D man), but he would be difficult to replace.

WHo would you move (we all know it cant be soupy)?

Personally I would be for moving Seabs or Keith if we could sign someone like Bieksa for cheaper.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
BRUINS!!!

They did everything in their power to hand Montreal this series. Just stupid penalty after stupid penalty.

I'm curious on how they'll break my heart in the next series.

Great game

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 27, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
BRUINS!!!

They did everything in their power to hand Montreal this series. Just stupid penalty after stupid penalty.

I'm curious on how they'll break my heart in the next series.

They were my pick to win it all at the start of the playoffs.

For all the upsets that usually happen, the only lower seeds to advance were the 5 seeds, and neither of those are really considered upsets.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 05:08 PM)
I honestly don't know, and glad I'm not in the position to decide.

Campbell obviously should be shopped incredibly hard, but as previously mentioned, a deal being worked out is incredibly unlikely.

I'm completely open to moving Kane, but from a hockey and marketing standpoint, it probably doesn't make that much sense. Without Kane, any depth they had a forward is gone, and right or wrong Kane is the face of this franchise, so that probably isn't happening either.

While they have a little bit of money to play with, the Hawks still aren't sitting very pretty. They are still going to enter the new season probably counting on too many unknowns, but that's what happens when you have to overpay for talent....

Nice read on some Campbell options.

http://committedindians.com/is-brian-campb...the-blackhawks/

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 10:54 AM)
I still can't see the Hawks paying that much money for him to play somewhere else.

I agree. It's not like the Huet situation where he was just a bad player you had no use for. Campbell is still pretty good and the team definitely misses him when he's been out with an injury.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:17 PM)
I agree. It's not like the Huet situation where he was just a bad player you had no use for. Campbell is still pretty good and the team definitely misses him when he's been out with an injury.

And five years of paying out versus one is a huge difference too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 29, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
And five years of paying out versus one is a huge difference too.

I agree with you guys. Unfortunately, I think Campbell is here for the remainder of his contract.

...check out the comments below the article as well.

http://committedindians.com/nhl-free-agenc...y-is-available/