2010-2011 NHL thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:24 AM)
It wouldn't be worse than Ducks/Senators four years ago. But you're right, NBC is for sure praying Boston wins tonight, because Canucks/Lightning would be bad for them. I think it'd be an awesome hockey series to watch though (but so would Canucks/Bruins).

I'm all for whoever can beat the Canucks, and IMO that is Boston.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 27, 2011 -> 09:27 AM)
I'm all for whoever can beat the Canucks, and IMO that is Boston.

I personally don't think either of them can, the Hawks and Detroit were the best hope in that department. I hope I'm wrong though, and that Vancouver is beaten obviously. I would agree Boston is the better team than Tampa Bay, but for some reason I feel like the Lightning and their firepower could really get into Luongo's head. The problem is their goalie situation is a mess.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:34 AM)
I personally don't think either of them can, the Hawks and Detroit were the best hope in that department. I hope I'm wrong though, and that Vancouver is beaten obviously. I would agree Boston is the better team than Tampa Bay, but for some reason I feel like the Lightning and their firepower could really get into Luongo's head. The problem is their goalie situation is a mess.

Thats why i give Boston the edge over TB. A hot goalie can ruin the Canucks if Bobby has a bad few games. Charra is also a nice piece to frustrate the physical Van forwards.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 27, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
Thats why i give Boston the edge over TB. A hot goalie can ruin the Canucks if Bobby has a bad few games. Charra is also a nice piece to frustrate the physical Van forwards.

As great as he is, Thomas has really looked lost at times against Tampa Bay, and I worry the same thing will happen against Vancouver, who isn't exactly short of firepower. Then again, I think Tampa Bay's defense/goalies would be totally overwhelmed by Vancouver. Ugh, just pull it off whoever wins tonight.

QUOTE (JoeBatterz @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:17 AM)
Ya gotta believe that NBC is praying for the Bruins tonight.

What would the level that the Canucks-Lighting would have to be under in order to be the worst rating Stanley Cup Finals ever?

The Lightning played Calgary the year before the lockout, I doubt the ratings can be worse than that either.

I don't give a s*** about ratings for this, or really when it comes to anything. As long as I can watch the games, that's all that matters.

This has the potential to be a good series, hopefully it turns out that way.

I also should have went to Vegas, as this was the Finals series I predicted. Ah well.

I have to root for Boston I guess. Yuck, yuck, yuck. It's a shame either of these teams gets to win, but thankfully at least I get to see one of them get their hearts broken. Ideally Vancouver, as it's the lesser of the 2 evils. Great game tonight though, there is nothing like game 7 in hockey.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2011 -> 11:40 PM)
I have to root for Boston I guess. Yuck, yuck, yuck. It's a shame either of these teams gets to win, but thankfully at least I get to see one of them get their hearts broken. Ideally Vancouver, as it's the lesser of the 2 evils. Great game tonight though, there is nothing like game 7 in hockey.

Aint that the truth. People may not like hockey in general, but nothing beats a NHL game 7. Just the intensity is exhilarating, Stamkos taking a puck to the face and returning in 10 minutes. Here's to Boston taking down the Nucks.

Watching the Boston fans celebrate at the end brought up major memories of last season, made me a bit jealous. Can't wait til the Hawks get back on track next season.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 27, 2011 -> 11:40 PM)

Can they let Dirk try to win the Stanley Cup too? All these teams can go to hell.

Not sure why all the Boston hate and putting them on Vancouver's level. I know we hate the Red Sox and their fans, but this is hockey...there's no "Bruins nation" BS...not a lot of irritating players at all...original 6 team as well...much easier pick than Vancouver.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 28, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)
Not sure why all the Boston hate and putting them on Vancouver's level. I know we hate the Red Sox and their fans, but this is hockey...there's no "Bruins nation" BS...not a lot of irritating players at all...original 6 team as well...much easier pick than Vancouver.

Boston fans are assholes regardless of sport. I don't put them on Vancouver's level, but I still hate every team from there. Even if this was Calgary against Boston though, I'd still root for the Bruins, even with them being a Boston team. I will ALWAYS root against the Canadian team in the Final if they are there and playing an American team. The people up there thing it's some sort of right for a Canadian team to have the Cup, and I find it delicious it hasn't been there in so long. Hopefully, it stays that way.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 28, 2011 -> 05:37 PM)

Can't stand Boston, period.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 31, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
No. That explains why he did not see Burrow's hair pulling incident against Keith., and those fights in general.

Ok, my bad.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 31, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
I hope they are able to call them the Jets.

Apparently they are debating that right now. The league owns the rights to the name and logos and stuff so they'd have to get their permission. I'd assume the league would allow it - they allowed it with the Senators and they are always looking for ways to make a quick buck. I hope they allow it and I'm sure we'll know before the draft. I have heard one possibility would be Falcons and another is transferring the name of the current AHL team, the Manitoba Moose. I hope the latter does not happen.